Fuel issues M6060

Jbwelds94

Equipment
Kubota m6060, kubota b7800
Jun 1, 2024
Princeton, MA
So I've been having fuel issues in my m6060. I can't get the fuel to pump from the tank. The fuel pump was replaced less than a year ago, I've taken the tank out and cleaned it good, I've ran the tractor on a Jerry can off of the factory fuel lines and it ran no problem. It's got a new fuel filter. I've let the lift pump run for 15 minutes with 1/4 tank of diesel and it wouldn't prime. Any ideas on what to do?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You probably have an obstruction in the fuel line. Disconnect the line at the engine and see if you can force air thru it. I recommend using a compressor or hand pump and not your mouth as I have. I had a piece of debris that floated to the top of my tank afterward. Solved the issue. Drove me nuts for weeks. Good luck.
The OP stated "I've ran the tractor on a Jerry can off of the factory fuel lines and it ran no problem." so maybe the pickup in tank is the issue.

The supply pump consists of a feed pump and a bunch of other stuff, and it's upstream of the fuel filter, so if the OP connected the Jerry can downstream of the fuel filter and everything worked then that's a pretty good situation to be in since the problem has to be downstream of the fuel filter so either the line feeding the fuel filter, or plumbing inside the tank.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you have an issue with the separator (very common).

First, check the drain on the tank, open it up and you should get good flow.

1717259737172.png

Second take the line off coming out of the separator, you should get good flow.

1717259831340.png

Third take the line off the output of the separator, you should get the same fuel flow there.
If you don't pull the separator off and check / clean the input elbow of the separator.

1717259997703.png

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sounds like you have an issue with the separator (very common).
The problem with so many of these "can you help me" posts is that most people suck at providing good, detailed, reliable information and also suck at following any kind of systematic approach to trouble shooting. Not saying that this is the case here, but there are many interpretations of "I've ran the tractor on a Jerry can off of the factory fuel lines and it ran no problem".

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The problem with so many of these "can you help me" posts is that most people suck at providing good, detailed, reliable information and also suck at following any kind of systematic approach to trouble shooting. Not saying that this is the case here, but there are many interpretations of "I've ran the tractor on a Jerry can off of the factory fuel lines and it ran no problem".
Yes, Because it would depend on where in the factory fuel lines, that he connected the jerry can.
This is why I try a provide as many pictures as I can when I explain troubleshooting.

He goes on to say he can get it to prime.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I play this game several times a year simply because the fuel tank is lower than the water separator which means there is no gravity feed to the separator. This seems to stump people.

Most of the time it is debris in the inlet side 90-degree fitting or the O-ring is missing from the clear bowl on the bottom.

Unscrew the clear bowl to remove it, remove the inlet side fuel hose from the separator, and give it a shot of compressed air into the opening below the shut-off valve.

I prefer removing the mounting bolt to turn the separator over while holding a rag over the inlet fitting to catch the debris.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So any update on your fuel issue @Jbwelds94 ?