Forum Sub-Categories

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Forum sub-categories would be nice to see.

IE: Garden Tractors, SCUT, CUT and so on.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Sub-categories (or sometimes by model, B, L, M, etc.) comes up periodically and the thinking on prior occasion was that it could dilute too much - that guidance or advice on a B-series/CUT thread might be very applicable to other Kubota models too, but just harder to find and make those connections. It's a tradeoff.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
To a degree, I get where you're coming from, on the general application and use of. However not all applies per each series. Having all models in a general area creates a lot of confusion for new-comers. As it appears to me in my short time here, anyone passing by a topic, hops in with commentary related to larger tractors, which doesn't necessarily apply.

I'm not meaning to rock the boat, I just strongly feel sectioning into sub-categories would be a better layout for user-friendliness. The sub-categories would contain more model/series specific info, and help maintain said info. As the place stands currently, it's Heinz 57.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The problem I see with this is that it could narrow the subject matter too much.

For instance, someone posts a thread on a problem & solution for a D750 engine in a B7100 in a B7100 forum.
Later, someone with another model that uses a D750 engine searches for his engine problem by model, and finds nothing, because his answer is in a different model specific forum.

Aside from the fact there are almost too many categories now to keep up with. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I strongly disagree. The forum can be a better user experience all the way around.

As it is, it's no better than notes scratched on a paper tablet.

• Sad

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I strongly disagree. The forum can be a better user experience all the way around.

As it is, it's no better than notes scratched on a paper tablet.
Sorry you feel that way!
I've been moderating this forum for 14 years and there is a ton of information to be had and a ton of excellent members, that give excellent advice on every model size and type.

Reactions: 3 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I understand the OP's point, but the facts don't hold up to that point. There just isn't the need here, or volume of members to justify seperation by model numbers or series. Besides Kubota changes models every year. Most car and motorcycle companies keep the same model for decades.

A quick search will find what you need. Or a simple post will get a reply, or ten.

This isn't ADVRIDER or a Jeep forum with members in the tens of thousands that have a vehicle that was called a KLR, or a Jeep Wrangler, since the 1980's.

Most Kubota owners don't cruise the web. They farm or build or ranch. Speaking for myself, I'm here because I love tractoring. I'd guess most are also here for the same reason, or it's an owner with a problem to solve.

Small beans here.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Sorry you feel that way!
I've been moderating this forum for 14 years and there is a ton of information to be had and a ton of excellent members, that give excellent advice on every model size and type.
I never said anything negative about the member base, or the advice they share, at all.

There is a ton of information here. Categorically, which its not, it's like a bunch of miscellaneous nuts, bolts, washers and lock washers in a can that needs to be dumped out to find what you're looking for.

It can be better. I would think better organization would be seen as something positive.

I was wrong.
Therefore given the feedback received, I stand down.

Last edited: