Folding Oil Gauge Tool

GeoHorn

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
6,911
4,239
113
Texas
It’s at least 80 years old….. and in perfect condition…. I still have my Dad’s folding “Lufkin” brand carpenters rule. I showed it to my 5 year old grand-daughter recently who thought it amazing.

Imagine my surprise to see that I’d always called it by the wrong nomenclature….According to the Amazon it’s a “Folding Oil Tank Measuring Stick”…… . (but you can save $20 if you buy it as a “carpenter folding ruler”):

 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Speed25

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
350
535
93
NC
Just what I want to do after measuring the oil, fold it up in my hands. I always used a 1"x1"x48" stick that just stayed by the tank. I do NOT miss oil heat.
 

NCL4701

Well-known member

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
3,668
6,862
113
Central Piedmont, NC
It’s at least 80 years old….. and in perfect condition…. I still have my Dad’s folding “Lufkin” brand carpenters rule. I showed it to my 5 year old grand-daughter recently who thought it amazing.

Imagine my surprise to see that I’d always called it by the wrong nomenclature….According to the Amazon it’s a “Folding Oil Tank Measuring Stick”…… . (but you can save $20 if you buy it as a “carpenter folding ruler”):

You can get it cheaper as a carpenter rule, but then you don’t get the “odor blocking case”. $20 for the ruler. $10 for the case. 😂

IMG_0861.png
I still have oil heat at all three houses. Never considered using one of my folding rulers to check the tanks.