Flasher Relay Broke or Turn Signal Switch?

manualf150

Equipment
BX2200, 60" MMM, LA211 FEL
Jul 18, 2010
Vernon, NY
Here's a good one... I washed my tractor and now my turn left signal stays on solid. When I put on the hazards, the right hand only flashes while the left signal is still solid. When I try messing with the turn signal switch, it only flashes the right. It's weird.

Does anyone want to make a guess for me? I'm going to clean the switch out with some electrical cleaner.

I used the tractor without the flashers today by pulling the fuse for the turn signals.

I would like to get it fixed, as it is one of those two items.

It is a 2003 BX2200.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
This is a very common problem with BX models. The switches are not waterproof. Some people have had success with blowing them out with compressed air, others have used water displacers (WD-40) and still others have replaced the switches with waterproof ones.

Kubota upgraded the switches over the years so you could buy a set from the dealer.

Note: I have the same model and had the same problem. Several times of looking out to the barn and seeing lights flashing in the middle of the night without the switches being turned on meant a change was necessary. The switches were pulled and unplugged.

Last edited: