First project for the L3800

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST 4WD, 72" finish mower, 72" rake, 5' Bush hog, 5' box blade, hay spear
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
I put the first 4 hours on the 3800 today. The corral has not been maintained for the last 3 years. Pulled a lot of shit and dirt out with the bucket and rake. It got pretty deep of wet mud muck at one point, but the Kubota just handled it like a breeze. I ran the chain drag to smooth it out. Put out a fresh 1K lb bail of hay with the new hay spare, and put the new hay hut up. The horses seem very happy. Gave the Kubota a well needed rinsing after we were done.

Attachments

Last edited:

The_Al

Equipment
L3540, Heavy duty FEL, 9' bachoe, Brush hog, 72" grappler
Jul 19, 2013
MA
I put the first 4 hours on the 3800 today. The corral has not been maintained for the last 3 years. Pulled a lot of shit and dirt out with the the bucket and rake. It got pretty deep of wet mud muck at one point, but the Kubota just handled it like a breeze. I ran the chain drag to smooth it out. Put out a fresh 1K lb bail of hay with the new hay spare, and put the new hay hut up. The horses seem very happy. Gave the Kubota a well needed rinsing after we were done.
Nice, lots of fun.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Nice chore for some Kubota seat time.

Are you carrying bales off the rear or the front?

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Using the spare on the front. Keeping the box blade or rake on the back help a lot. I tried it without anything on the back and had no problems, but I like the stability with the weight on the back.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Please quit calling it a spare...That's what you call the extra tire for your car.
It's a bale Spear! ;)

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Maybe he has 2 of em and that's his spare spear ? Like the hay hut.. how much $ are there door to close it ? Do the horses pig out at first ? Whats the deal ?

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Maybe he has 2 of em and that's his spare spear ? Like the hay hut.. how much $ are there door to close it ? Do the horses pig out at first ? Whats the deal ?
My bad "spear". The hut cost about $800, No doors It just keeps the horses from wasting so much, and it does help to keep the hay dry.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So tell me about your hobby horses,,lol,,, I think I could have used the kids play house for that somebody had a great idea,,
I use to be horse poor too, and now my baby daughter raises and trains Arabs out in Ca. Looks real good my friend;)

FLHollowPoint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2014
Weirsdale, Florida, USA
Used to ride some, but lately not, so much. Its just me and the wife and we rely enjoy just hanging out and caring for them . These three are Tennessee Walkers, I also have three mini's. In the past I have had an Arabian, Quarter Horse, and a mule. The Hut seems to be working, it keeps the hay contained and the horses from pissing and shitting all over it.