Finishing Mower for B7100

Saskstallion

Mar 9, 2018
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hi All.
I'm looking at getting a 3 point finishing mower for my kubota B7100.
I found a great deal on a good Woods RM59, and I saw that the front shaft needs to be a certain length for a Kubota tractor (or any other smaller tractor).
The seller of the mower said that it was used on an International 674.
Without measuring the shaft of the mower (it's currently under a bunch of snow apparently) is there any way to tell if it would be compatible with my tractor?
If it turns out the shaft isn't compatible, am I able to get it cut to fit?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Like wolfman said. Pto shafts can be cut down. As long as the shaft isn't short it will work.

When you attach the finish mower to the tractor the first time. Do Not attach the pto shaft. Hook the shaft to the mower side. Then with pto shaft fully compressed, hold it up to the pto stub on the tractor and see if it will fit.

When I went to cut down the shaft for my brush hog, I used a strap to help hold the pto shaft in place. Then measured from the lock tab on the pto shaft to the groove in the shaft on the tractor.

This gave me the length I needed to remove from the shaft. I added a 1" to that measurement for some wiggle room. On mine, I only needed to remove 4".

To cut down a shaft. Separate the two halves. Then cut off the same measurement from each half.

Pay attention to orientation of the u joints if your shaft is just a square shaft and isn't keyed. They should be opposite of each other. I goofed on mine when I stuck it together. Figured out really quickly that I goofed when I fired it the first time :eek: