Fel lifting ability

Mr jaws

Jan 12, 2014
Foxboro,wi
Does anybody know how to adjust the lifting ability of the fel. I have a b3200 new. Seems like the loader should be able to lift more?? Any ideas!!

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Put a pressure gauge on the hydraulic input port to check it. If the pressure is correct - it is in your spec sheets in the operator's manual - the rest is just geometry. There is a very small chance you have a blown seal in one of the cylinders or valves. That would show up as a low pressure on the input line. You can move the pressure gauge to the other ports on the valve to locate the problem.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Lift capacity is a function of the tractor weight, counter weight, hydraulic capacity, and lift point. If you're using forks, you will be able to lift less weight at the end of the forks than if you had something at the back of the bucket. Lift height also makes a difference as leverage changes throughout the lift. Some max loads, I can lift to about 75% height and can rev the motor to get it the rest of the way, but I can hear the detent activating.

I have a B9200 with BF350 FEL and I'm just about maxxed out around 800lbs....which for a tractor weighing around 2000lbs is pretty impressive. Wish it was more. However I need to move up to an L series machine to increase my weight, and even then a L3200 only lifts like 1200lbs if I recall...

Tobyone

Equipment
2012 B3200 with midmount mower and 5 ft box blade
Oct 3, 2013
Grand Haven, MI USA
Mr. Jaws,

I just came across your thread and as you can see that my response may be a little late. I also have a 2012 Kubota B-3200 with an FEL and I also wish I had just a little more lifting power.

I am certain that you already know this but just a reminder, when using the FEL you have to also make sure the lever for the 3 pt hitch is in the neutral position of it will affect the lifting capability of the FEL.

Good Luck,

Tobyone