Deer

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I think I have figured it out after all these years hunting them things,, They like my tractor, yes today it dawned on me that if I walk out on the back porch and the deer are in the orchard,, poof they are gonzo,,, but I was mowing over the hill along the orchard this morning,, 2 does and 3 fawns were eating apples and pears and never even paid any attention to me or the tractor. In fact one little fella came over like he was going to kiss the little Bouta about 10 feet away before he walked back to Mom.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I know a few farmers that don't go out in the woods any more. They just take there gun with them when they are doing field work. Around here the deer are so used to truck traffic through fields for oil field work they don't even budge. I watched fifteen or so just off a path one night. Drove around the corner through the next tree line and come across a couple of the biggest bucks i ever saw about 20ft off from the truck. Watched them for about 10 minutes before they wandered off. The whole time i was cussing dot and company policy for not being able to carry a gun in the truck:rolleyes:

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Same here, tractors are so common they just look up then keep browsing or even come in for a closer look.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
There are these giant bags used for grain storage, one fall i went for a ride to buddys farm ( can see road in from my kitchen window) and the biggest buck i ever saw was standing on the bag, had punched a hole in it. They wouldnt leave it alone.