Decision Overload

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well I'm happy to report to all my consultants here that the tractor is sitting on my property! Long day but I got it done. This thing is immaculate. It is literally like new. Even has the little "new tire knobs" on it. Barely a scratch, even on the bucket. I can't thank you all enough for sharing your wisdom and advise!
View attachment 126774
Congratulations!
THAT is an absolute BEAUTY!

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well I'm happy to report to all my consultants here that the tractor is sitting on my property! Long day but I got it done. This thing is immaculate. It is literally like new. Even has the little "new tire knobs" on it. Barely a scratch, even on the bucket. I can't thank you all enough for sharing your wisdom and advise!
View attachment 126774
Congratulations. That is a nice tractor and a great find.

Reactions: 1 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Absolutely NO hours REMEDY is needed!
Few put extra miles on their cars either (except for antiques),..... "just because they are needed".
Use is fine, when necessary (as opposed to zero use), but use simply for the sake of racking up hours, is seemingly just plain foolish!
My 8N sat for almost 9 years without even being started, has good compression, and runs just fine!
My 2006 L48 TLB (now 18yrs.) has about 263 hours.
I use it maybe 4-5 hours each year, ........because THAT is when I need it.
I would not drive it around my place,.... to just..... "put some hours on it".
Sure you do. A tractor that isn't in the appropriate hours bracket is clearly worth less. Look how many conversations have been had on here "that's too few hours for its age, clearly something is wrong with it". Putting more hours on a tractor increases its value. It's a duty that tractor owners must fulfil, even if they don't want to. Even if you just drive aimlessly in circles on your lawn, it's still essential.

I guess if it's too big a chore to drive your tractor, you could just leave it idling in the driveway whilst you're away at work. These are the things we have to do to maintain our equipment appropriately.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sure you do. A tractor that isn't in the appropriate hours bracket is clearly worth less. Look how many conversations have been had on here "that's too few hours for its age, clearly something is wrong with it". Putting more hours on a tractor increases its value. It's a duty that tractor owners must fulfil, even if they don't want to. Even if you just drive aimlessly in circles on your lawn, it's still essential.

I guess if it's too big a chore to drive your tractor, you could just leave it idling in the driveway whilst you're away at work. These are the things we have to do to maintain our equipment appropriately.
Tongue in cheek.... for sure!:giggle: