COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Re: Is the sky falling?

Everything is closing here so I am going to open a combination;
Strip Joint, Breakfast Diner, & Day Care. Gonna name it
Tits, Grits & Baby Sits.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota

Everything is closing here so I am going to open a combination;
Strip Joint, Breakfast Diner, & Day Care. Gonna name it
Tits, Grits & Baby Sits.
I thought you were retired. You will never get any rest with a place like that.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Several of our local stores are closing instead of staying open 24/7, they need the downtime to restock and clean.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Several of our local stores are closing instead of staying open 24/7, they need the downtime to restock and clean.
Stopped at Sam's club today for a few items. It looked like the apocalypse :eek: Only water left was Smart water, frozen pizzas were picked through. Meat counter was pretty bare. Out of any and all frozen chicken breasts. The lunch meat case was empty. Nothing left in the TP and paper towel aisle.

Asked when there next shipment of TP was coming in. They didnt have a clue. Saud most of the shortage was do to online sales.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA

I was over at Sams yesterday (Darren Todd--same one you was at I assume). Same thing I seen. Bunch of scared to death people. It was good entertainment. I got a few things and headed to the front; got behind a lady who had two big bags of toilet paper and asked her why she needed so much. "I have 3 kids and I'm a single mom so I need all I can get in case all the stores run out". Well when you buy $50 worth of TP, you better not run out for at least 2 months. So I also mentioned to her that my mom and dad-who are in their 80's-don't get out much and they are running low and dad's got issues in that he needs all he can get; but can't get any because the fear mongered people are buying it up as if it were .22 shells in 2008/9. She laughed and said well they should have bought it before everyone else. I was kinda mad about it but at the same time I also know that dad-a vietnam vet-can get by with or withOUT toilet paper. So the lady behind me offered me one of her bags as the other lady in front of me was leaving. I was appreciative but told her that it wasn't really necessary; and we carried on a conversation about the panic that has been manufactured. She mentioned that Australia had a lot to do with the TP run; although I haven't heard anything about that. I mentioned to here jokingly (but seriously in a way) that if this stuff keeps up the way it has, some of us (referring to myself at least) may have to resort to killing our own food. She looked at me like I am crazy (well she's partially right), but I went on to say that I have been in a situation in the past where the only food I had was what I gathered myself. 'Course by then she's thinking I'm some sort of roughneck from the woods and about that time I paid my bill and headed out.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

I was over at Sams yesterday (Darren Todd--same one you was at I assume). Same thing I seen. Bunch of scared to death people. It was good entertainment. I got a few things and headed to the front; got behind a lady who had two big bags of toilet paper and asked her why she needed so much. "I have 3 kids and I'm a single mom so I need all I can get in case all the stores run out". Well when you buy $50 worth of TP, you better not run out for at least 2 months. So I also mentioned to her that my mom and dad-who are in their 80's-don't get out much and they are running low and dad's got issues in that he needs all he can get; but can't get any because the fear mongered people are buying it up as if it were .22 shells in 2008/9. She laughed and said well they should have bought it before everyone else. I was kinda mad about it but at the same time I also know that dad-a vietnam vet-can get by with or withOUT toilet paper. So the lady behind me offered me one of her bags as the other lady in front of me was leaving. I was appreciative but told her that it wasn't really necessary; and we carried on a conversation about the panic that has been manufactured. She mentioned that Australia had a lot to do with the TP run; although I haven't heard anything about that. I mentioned to here jokingly (but seriously in a way) that if this stuff keeps up the way it has, some of us (referring to myself at least) may have to resort to killing our own food. She looked at me like I am crazy (well she's partially right), but I went on to say that I have been in a situation in the past where the only food I had was what I gathered myself. 'Course by then she's thinking I'm some sort of roughneck from the woods and about that time I paid my bill and headed out.
Grocery stores are just as bad as Sam's club. Wife stopped at harps in Vilonia thursday night. Soup and frozen food sections were picked through on the staples. Ice cream was getting slim.
Meat was flying out of the coolers as fast as the butchers could stock it back up. Lunch meats were getting lean as well.

Wife did load me up on my ice cream :cool:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

With luck, the standing orders for fresh produce will keep coming in. Can't really stock up on bananas, avocados, raspberries etc.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Locally grocery stores closed early, they were out of products.

They were going to restock overnight with everything they could get their hands on, but didn't know if they would have any meat, all meat was sold out yesterday.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

Our Wal-Mart was 24h, but they have now changed to 6a till 11p. I suppose so that they can restock.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

They closed all the schools in the state for a month. Luckily for us my wife is a teacher at a preschool so she is off too. Got to be hard on other families. And the governor announced it Friday afternoon that they would be closed Monday.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Like the 'old days' with Rex Humbard and the Cathedral of Tomorrow on Sunday mornings on the tube.:)

Myself, I'm not a big church fan. Without starting a discussion about the pro's and con's of church going, suffice to say, with me, I don't need to pay (pass the plate and donate) for someone to lecture me about morality. I'm doing just fine on my own.

Why I farm. I can be close to god when I'm out there, all alone with his creatures. Why I like to hunt as well. I can go hunting and not kill anything. Just being there is always enough for me. Taking an animal for the freezer is icing on the cake.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN

Amy Farrah Fowler (character on The Big Bang Theory):

"I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance."

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Woohoo, found some TP for the son and daughter in law :D Local grocery store of all places. Bet they will start buying cases from Sam's club when things settle down.

What shocked me was I got the last jug of butter milk. Had to get a worker to go into the cooler and shove it to me since you couldn't reach it from the front. You wouldn't think there would be much of a demand for Butter Milk.

I would have been out of luck if they didnt have it :rolleyes: Had my niece and her family coming over for breakfast in half an hour. Can't make buttermilk pancakes without the butter milk.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

All bars and restaurants closing in Ohio at 9PM tonight, the Ohio governor just announced. Will stay closed until further notice.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

All bars and restaurants closing in Ohio at 9PM tonight, the Ohio governor just announced. Will stay closed until further notice.
People aren't smart enough to self police themselves so 'Big Brother' has to do it..... Sheeeesh

This country is loaded with sheeple...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Woohoo, found some TP for the son and daughter in law :D Local grocery store of all places. Bet they will start buying cases from Sam's club when things settle down.

What shocked me was I got the last jug of butter milk. Had to get a worker to go into the cooler and shove it to me since you couldn't reach it from the front. You wouldn't think there would be much of a demand for Butter Milk.

I would have been out of luck if they didnt have it :rolleyes: Had my niece and her family coming over for breakfast in half an hour. Can't make buttermilk pancakes without the butter milk.

Wonder if you can get 'Powdered Buttermilk'?:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.