COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
What happened to the Canadian healthcare response to this? I was having a good discussion with a Canadian yesterday that seems to have disappeared.

No discussion of Canada and their current issues allowed? Why not? I have a lot of friends from Canada.
I did read the discussion and for the most part enjoyed it however that's kind of going of in a different direction. If you want to start a new thread on the subject I'm sure you would have other folk express their opinions on the pro's and con's myself included.;)

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm praying that the drug test trails of Z-pack and plaquenil go well this week. If this works, it is a game changer. Two commonly available drugs, which can lower the death rate and allow life to get back to normal sooner than later. My understanding that the treatment is 7 days, so we should have a good idea by the weekend if this is going to work.

The only thing I don't understand is why haven't/aren't other countries using it if it is as promising as it looks?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I did read the discussion and for the most part enjoyed it however that's kind of going of in a different direction. If you want to start a new thread on the subject I'm sure you would have other folk express their opinions on the pro's and con's myself included.;)
I guess I don't get this new censorship process. This thread has tons of stuff in it not related to the virus.

Site censors, could you remove all non-virus related things from this thread to clean it up for us. Or list what subjects and what countries are relevant enough to post about without being censored.

I would think countries (especially bordering countries) medical situations would be relevant to the thread?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I guess I don't get this new censorship process. This thread has tons of stuff in it not related to the virus.

Site censors, could you remove all non-virus related things from this thread to clean it up for us. Or list what subjects and what countries are relevant enough to post about without being censored.

I would think countries (especially bordering countries) medical situations would be relevant to the thread?
I was in no way trying to censor you not that I could if I wanted to. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words.:rolleyes: What I was trying to say is I think there may be enough interested in that subject to warrant starting a new thread but if you feel strongly enough about it have at it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

It's not new, and it's not censorship!
It's called keeping the thread on track.
It sucks that I have to rehash the rules every time someone decides to go off on a political rant.
Your healthcare debate was fine as it started and then broke down and wrapped into a political spin off, so it went with the rest.
Sorry that's the way it rolls!
Start your own thread on it and I'll try and keep the political out of it too!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I was in no way trying to censor you not that I could if I wanted to. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words.:rolleyes: What I was trying to say is I think there may be enough interested in that subject to warrant starting a new thread but if you feel strongly enough about it have at it.
I was left with the impression that you thought is wasn't relevant enough. Earlier in the thread,

Discussing Guns
Discussing ammunition
Discussing shelters
Discussing food
Discussing stocks
Discussing banking
Discussing travel
Discussing shopping
Bad mouthing the president etc.
They are all still there, none of them have been censored.

It seems to me discussing Canadian healthcare in relation to this outbreak is very relevant.

I did not want to start a new thread specifically in regards to Covid in Canada I suppose we could make one for each country but that doesn't seem very efficient, it is worldwide after all.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
It's not new, and it's not censorship!
It's called keeping the thread on track.
It sucks that I have to rehash the rules every time someone decides to go off on a political rant.
Your healthcare debate was fine as it started and then broke down and wrapped into a political spin off, so it went with the rest.
Sorry that's the way it rolls!
Start your own thread on it and I'll try and keep the political out of it too!
When you pick and choose what to delete it is the actual definition of censorship.

It is obvious that there are "favorites" here that can post what they want without being censored. Or are you still cleaning up this thread?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
What ever you think ol' buddy, I have no interest in getting into a PI$$ing match over this, I'm done. From this point you can argue with yourself.:rolleyes:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Most of those "beach pictures" were of student on Spring Break, and yes, they still think that they are bullet proof.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Most of those "beach pictures" were of student on Spring Break, and yes, they still think that they are bullet proof.
Yes I saw that on the news also but I think you missed the fact that I'm in Canada Magicman. Temps here yesterday low -10 C high -3 C, coats on, not a single bikini in site.;)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I wouldn't expect NIW to go through over 300 replies and remove the offending replies, nor expect him to, but going forward we need this topic to stay on track. Seems simple to me.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Oh no bearbait, I know your location and have fond memories of passing through Cape Breton a few years back. Oh, and we are into the low 80's (degrees) here. :cool:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Oh no bearbait, I know your location and have fond memories of passing through Cape Breton a few years back. Oh, and we are into the low 80's (degrees) here. :cool:
Lol, now what did I ever do to you to deserve that? You know what to do if you're ever back this way right, might even have a cold beer waiting for ya.:D

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Mexico is now asking Seniors 60+ to stay at home, they waited & it's causing a spread of the virus. Another thing is Border Patrol is reporting about a 50% decrease in illegal crossings across our southern border . Any slowing of movement of people right now is a good thing .
Since I live in TEXAS along with all the southern border states what happens medically in Mexico eventually gets here. I hope this didn't upset the political applecart.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You never know. It is a lot more on topic than a lot of the posts but also political and mean. Hard to say if it will be censored or not.
Why can't you show a little restraint? Start another thread so you can voice your opinions and go on with life.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I see cabin fever is starting to take its toll already,,, sit, breath deeply close your eyes and relax. Go smoke a rack of rids cook a stew, have an adult beverage, light up your hooka, what ever calms you,, relax ,, as the Doctor told the man with the kidney stone,,, this too shall pass

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
When you pick and choose what to delete it is the actual definition of censorship.

It is obvious that there are "favorites" here that can post what they want without being censored. Or are you still cleaning up this thread?
Well it's quite obvious that no matter what I do, your not happy with it!

One would think I get paid a fortune for having to deal with all of this! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.