Constant power to fuel solenoid problem

Lawnmasters

Equipment
f2260-L2900-
May 3, 2011
Paris, TN
We have an F2260 mower that we done a complete engine out rebuild on. Upon putting it back together, we plugged in the harness to the fuel solenoid and the solenoid click, then went up in smoke. Even with the key off, there is power to the solenoid, even with the ignition switch unplugged from the harness, there is still power to the solenoid. We are in the process of tracing the entire harness down looking for a short, but so far everything is clean.

Any ideas?

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
I would look at the starter connection to see if the wire is on the battery side or the starter side of the solenoid. I have a couple of z482 diesels that use the starter connection to energize the pull side of the solenoid and the wire from the switch is the hold connection. If the solenoid is a 3 wire solenoid. yours is probably supposed to be wired the same.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I agree,solenoid pulls when engine cranked,then key holds solenoid on other wire. Third wire i believe is ground. So if pull was wired to battery terminal on starter, it would smoke after a few minutes as it draws a lot of amps.