Clutch Replacement

Jan 10, 2015
Texarkana
Well, the fun begins. The boyfriend came in and announced that the clutch was out in the B6000. Making a lot of noise that stops when you push in the clutch. So where can we get a clutch? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Of course you can always go to the dealer but I would suggest to look in your area for a shop that rebuilds clutches. Might pay you to check with a local garage and see if they have somewhere they use to get clutch parts. Get the parts from somewhere with a good rep. You don't want to split the tractor twice.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The noise is most likely not the clutch, it's the throw out bearing or the pilot bearing or both.
Still the same amount of work, split it and find out what's bad.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The noise is most likely not the clutch, it's the throw out bearing or the pilot bearing or both.
Still the same amount of work, split it and find out what's bad.
That is my thought too,
Whitney, btw DOES it move and can you change gears?

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
If you are splitting the tractor and doing the throw-bearing I would check the clutch as it is probably time for a new one. No reason to split it twice. Not really that hard if you have a level floor inside to work on and a jack with stands and blocking.

harleyrider74

Equipment
kubota b6000
Feb 25, 2015
new brunswick,canada
just replaced mine was around $400 Canadian for pressure plate,clutch throw out bearing and shifting fork and took around 5 hours at a medium pace .over all job was not as bad as I thought it would be

djmc35

Equipment
4 Kubota B6000's, Cub Low Boy, Sears tractor w/FEL
Jun 19, 2014
Bloomington, IN, USA
Can you tell us if you bought your parts through the factory parts service or a local supplier for $400 Canadian? I purchased a kit for about half. But only got the friction disc and the pressure plate and a throw out bearing and a pilot bushing. No fork. Question do the throw out bearing forks ever bend? I have one that at full adjustment with the clutch to the floor you cannot shift gears. Is this normal with a bad clutch? I'll know more when I get the case split. (the internal fork) Thanks for any suggestions. djmc35:confused: