BX2380 Tire Chain Question

Laceman

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 1, 2018
Vermont
Hello All. I have an issue and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have a BX2380 with turf tires and installed tire chains I bought from the Kubota dealer. All was well until my right rear chain came off and the inner hook grabbed a gray bar down by the gas tank and bent it. The hoses are fine but the gray bar is only about 1mm away from the tire. I attached photos of views from the front and the back. Does anyone have any pics of a BX where the bar is in its proper place? I want to see how it's supposed to look. Currently I cannot put a tire chain on that tire. Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
If not mistaken - that "bar" simply holds those hydraulic lines back off the tire. I would think it is possible to bend or modify that to suit. See if there is a bolt that will allow that bar to rotate slightly to get the end away from the tire.

Laceman

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 1, 2018
Vermont
85Hokie, thanks for the reply. It looks like the bar is welded at the base. I am thinking that I can remove the tire and just reposition it with some elbow grease but was hoping someone could show me a 'before' pic.

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
85Hokie, thanks for the reply. It looks like the bar is welded at the base. I am thinking that I can remove the tire and just reposition it with some elbow grease but was hoping someone could show me a 'before' pic.

Thanks
I can get you a picture (BX2370) in a bit....
another thought.......have you considered rear wheel spacers? I know that is an extra cost, the added stability is why most use spacers (I do) but another positive is that the wheels/rims are further away from all the parts of the frame;)

Laceman

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 1, 2018
Vermont
I can get you a picture (BX2370) in a bit....
another thought.......have you considered rear wheel spacers? I know that is an extra cost, the added stability is why most use spacers (I do) but another positive is that the wheels/rims are further away from all the parts of the frame;)
Cool. I didn't realize they were an option for my model.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Here is a pic from my BX.
Spacers would definitely help. You can see the difference with the 2" spacers in the picture.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Hello All. I have an issue and I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have a BX2380 with turf tires and installed tire chains I bought from the Kubota dealer. All was well until my right rear chain came off and the inner hook grabbed a gray bar down by the gas tank and bent it. The hoses are fine but the gray bar is only about 1mm away from the tire. I attached photos of views from the front and the back. Does anyone have any pics of a BX where the bar is in its proper place? I want to see how it's supposed to look. Currently I cannot put a tire chain on that tire. Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post.
Boy you got lucky and nothing serious got ripped. That kind of thing happening always scares me when I put the chains on.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I no longer have my BX, but as I recall the rims are such that reversing them on the mount gives more clearance. However the valve stem is then on the inside, somewhat inconvenient.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Operators manual specifically tells not to reverse front or rear rims on a BX tractor as the wheel can not stay tight to axle hub.

Laceman

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 1, 2018
Vermont
Here is a pic from my BX.
Spacers would definitely help. You can see the difference with the 2" spacers in the picture.

jmf78, thank you very much for the pic. Exactly what I was looking for. Looks like it loops over the lines. And the spacers sound like a plan.

Thank you all for the advice. It is much appreciated. Happy New Years.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
You're welcome! Happy New Year!