bx2380 HST neutral position location

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024
According to my service manual, if the tractor creeps a bit and requires touching the pedal lightly to stop it moving forward, I need to adjust the hst neutral position. I cannot find this adjustment on photo 2LEQP00060A01 items 3 and 4. where the heck is it? I have a 2021 BX2380

The other think I have noted is the damper has no gas pressure in it and if taken off on the pedal end, stroking it. results in hearing a bit of air in the fluid.
Now if this is supposed to be gas charged to help with neutral position, this may be the issue. Machine has 20 hours on it. I did tighten the hst spring a bit,, no change

hst neutral.jpg

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Just to be clear, you’re saying that the tractor wants to creep in the forward direction unless you hold the directional pedal slightly in the reverse direction to counter it.

In other words, you seem certain it’s not an issue with the pedal mechanism not returning to the standard neutral position, due to a mechanical issue with the external mechanism itself.

It seems that to be sure what the root cause is, one would need to remove or loosen the mechanism from whatever shaft goes into the transmission case, and see if that shaft, when it’s unimpeded by something external, returns to the neutral position or not.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Have you lubricated the grease fitting that is under the rubber floor mat? There is a little flap that lifts to give you access to the grease fitting.

Reactions: 1 user

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024
Just to be clear, you’re saying that the tractor wants to creep in the forward direction unless you hold the directional pedal slightly in the reverse direction to counter it.

In other words, you seem certain it’s not an issue with the pedal mechanism not returning to the standard neutral position, due to a mechanical issue with the external mechanism itself.

It seems that to be sure what the root cause is, one would need to remove or loosen the mechanism from whatever shaft goes into the transmission case, and see if that shaft, when it’s unimpeded by something external, returns to the neutral position or not.
I should have been more clear.
Go forward and release it continues to creep forward. Same in reverse. Continues to creep backwards. Need to slightly touch the pedal in the opposite direction to stop the movement.
Pedal is properly lubricated with nearly no friction

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024
Have you lubricated the grease fitting that is under the rubber floor mat? There is a little flap that lifts to give you access to the grease fitting.
Yes. The pedal has very little friction. I lubed it and nothing changed

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If it is doing it in both directions then the problem is most likely internal to the transmission. I suggest that you consult with the Kubota dealership where you purchased it for a warranty repair.

ruger1980

Equipment
L4310 w/La682, L225
Oct 25, 2020
CNY
Try increasing tension on spring #240 be adjusting #250 via nuts #260.

1714579190911.png

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024

According to the service manual with the photo I show to fix this you need to move to a slot closer to the front of the tractor. With right wheel off, I can’t locate that part to make an adjustment

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
According to the service manual with the photo I show to fix this you need to move to a slot closer to the front of the tractor. With right wheel off, I can’t locate that part to make an adjustment
If it's doing it both directions I do believe the dampener is the culprit.
I would remove the dampener and see how it returns to neutral.

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024
Does the damper behave like a gas strut where when depressed then released, it returns to the extended position or it simply a means to slow how quickly the pedal can be depressed? Mine simply does a poor job of slowing the rate of pedal movement.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does the damper behave like a gas strut where when depressed then released, it returns to the extended position or it simply a means to slow how quickly the pedal can be depressed? Mine simply does a poor job of slowing the rate of pedal movement.
It's a bidirectional dampener, not like a strut.
When they go bad they will bind and cause the movement to stick.

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024
According to my service manual, if the tractor creeps a bit and requires touching the pedal lightly to stop it moving forward, I need to adjust the hst neutral position. I cannot find this adjustment on photo 2LEQP00060A01 items 3 and 4. where the heck is it? I have a 2021 BX2380

The other think I have noted is the damper has no gas pressure in it and if taken off on the pedal end, stroking it. results in hearing a bit of air in the fluid.
Now if this is supposed to be gas charged to help with neutral position, this may be the issue. Machine has 20 hours on it. I did tighten the hst spring a bit,, no change

View attachment 127369
I found where to make the adjustment finally. Not easy to get to.

gtxrag

Equipment
2021 BX2380
May 1, 2024

View attachment 127369
4.2 Adjusting HST neutral position
CAUTION
• Park the machine on a firm and level ground.
NOTE
• When adjusting the HST neutral position,
loosen the locking screw approximately 2 turns
counterclockwise not to drop the nut inside.

1. Place the wooden blocks at the front and the rear
side of the wheels to prevent tractor from moving.
2. Lift up the rear wheels and secure with rigid jacks.
3. Remove the R.H. rear wheel from the tractor.
4. Shift the front wheel drive lever (2) to the 4WD off
position (A).
5. Start the engine.
6. Operate the engine at the maximum revolution.
7. Shift the range shift lever (1) to hi position (B).
8. Loosen the locking screw (4).
(Forward to neutral position)
9. Depress the speed control pedal to forward speed
position, and release the foot from the speed
control pedal. Check that the rear axle (or the
wheel) stops rotating. If the rear axle (or the wheel)
does not stop rotating, move the position of the
locking screw to
the machine front side to stop
rotating.
10. Depress the speed control pedal to reverse speed
position, and release the foot from the speed
control pedal. Check the rear axle (or the wheel)
stops rotating. If the rear axle (or the wheel) does
not stop rotating, adjust the locking screw (4) to
stop rotating.

11. After adjusting the neutral position, tighten the
locking screw (4) securely.