bx2370 electrical issues

bpendleton

Equipment
bx2370
Jan 21, 2017
eureka,ca.
I have had this bx for about 6months with no issues for what I use it for we get a lot of rain here and I usually keep it covered or garaged when not in use last week I did some work and left it out to get drenched the next 3days one morning going to work I noticed that the flashers were flashing randomly with all switches off emailed Kubota about it and was told that it was the battery the battery checks out and there is nothing visually off that I can tell

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
sad to say, this IS a common problem of those bx's that have been exposed to the "weather"

Worse is the dash - it goes to hell in a hand basket if moisture ends up in there!

If new - you bought it new? Talk to dealer, if not - check to see if warranty is out, not sure if it transfers or not.

Either way - you will need to get into the dash and dry that out - and or clean - this would be a great place for wd40 or another water displacement medium.

DO a google search for Bx and moisture in dash and I am sure you will get your fill of ideas!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yeah - what Hokie said. Had several guys with same/similar problems when a BX sits outside.

You're obviously new here. If you use the Search function at the top of the Forum page - might help. Not sure what parameters to search off-hand, but it is a good tool.

Best wishes, and welcome to OTT!:)