BX22 Power steering hose replacement

pgwisn

Equipment
BX22
Dec 6, 2020
East Coast USA
New BX22 owner. Got it from a friend, where it sat under a tree for the past three years.
Step #1. Cleaned out the water and crud from the bottom of the fuel tank, installed new fuel filters, and and got it running!
Step #2. It had five leaking hydraulic lines. Four on the FEL, which I have replaced. The fifth was one of the Power Steering lines.

So, I purchased all four lines: Pressure hose from the pump, return hose back to the tank, LH and RH Power Steering hoses.

My question is: the RH line appears to want to go to the left side of the steering cylinder, according to the schematic, and the length of the hose. In the included screen shot it appears the 050 hose goes to the right side of the tractor, even though it is marked as "HOSE HYDRAULIC PS LH".

The item 060 is similarly routed to the left side, but is described as "HOSE HYDRAULIC, PS RH"

Thought I would ask before I mistakenly reversed my steering.

1621363618889.png

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
This is a bit of a wild shot but........ you are thinking LH and RH refers to the position on your tractor.

What if it refers to the steering direction change. What happens when the LH side of the steering cylinder is pressurized. Does the tractor turn right or left?

Someone may say I am nuts!!!!

forum BX22 steering logic.jpg

Oil pressure enters steering cylinder on LH end.
Pressure forces piston rod out RH side rotating front wheels
so tractor steers to the right.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user