Bx1880 1st year review

Jmsossi

Equipment
Bx1880 bx2830 rck54-23
Oct 8, 2013
Calumet, mi
Hi just thought I would post a review of my BX1880 after the first year of ownership.
I purchased a BX1880 in April 2020. Also purchased a curtis cab, a BX2830 HD snowblower, RCK 54-23 mower deck.
I have also installed L.E.D. Lights both front and rear, made a bracket to attach weights to rear of tractor, tire chains and many other acc.
I had a kubota GR series tractor for 7 yrs.....Great tractor with No problems. But, the snowblower was nothing but problems, had to replace 3 chains and a set of drive sprockets also found the blower to be a pain to install and remove. That prompted me to purchase the new tractor. I bought the BX 2830 HD 48” blower as the standard 50” blower was just like my old one which in my opinion was junk. This new blower is so much nicer, gear drive instead of chain. It is made of much thicker steel, better bracing, hyd chute rotation. My old blower was very noisy and loud when engaged, this new HD model is so quiet you hardly know it is engaged! I also like having down pressure as my old tractor did not have that. Another thing is the quick attach for the snowblower is a great improvement over the old design.
I have about 1 acre to mow in the summer. The back of my yard has a very steep hill I have to climb to clean my driveway and this tractor climbs it with no problem and have more than enough power for snow removal and mowing. Oh I should mention we get from 200” to 400” of snow in the winter!

Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I am in the same boat (or tractor) but no snow. I got mine in October 2019. What tires did you get with yours? I got the R1's and pretty much destroyed what was left of the lawn, particularly during the wet season. Mine was picked up by the dealer this morning for a second time to correct a leak on the quick connect for the FEL. The first time they found a bigger leak in the transmission area on the third function connection but missed the one I called about.
I like the tractor a lot in the sense that I can do a lot of things that I could not do before or things that are becoming difficult to do with age and can continue to be done with its help.
I love the grapple when cutting down trees and hauling the debris to the curb for the county to pick up. It really saves my back and allows me to work longer before I conk out in the summer heat. I added a 2 inch coupler to the front grill and on that a 3000 lb removable winch. It makes so much easier to cut down trees pulling them with the remote winch control.
I also have an acre but is full of high, low spots, ruts and tree roots. This is our dry season and I am hoping to spread some fill dirt to reduce the pooling of water in some areas before the summer rains. I have already put in a French drain over 100 feet long using a spade that attaches to the forks. The drain has made a big difference in the back of my lot. I would not have been able to do it without the tractor.
The new all-terrain tires and wheels sized for the BX2380 made a big difference in the ride and seem to be smoothing out the lawn. We will have to see how they work when the rains come.

Jmsossi

Equipment
Bx1880 bx2830 rck54-23
Oct 8, 2013
Calumet, mi
I am in the same boat (or tractor) but no snow. I got mine in October 2019. What tires did you get with yours? I got the R1's and pretty much destroyed what was left of the lawn, particularly during the wet season. Mine was picked up by the dealer this morning for a second time to correct a leak on the quick connect for the FEL. The first time they found a bigger leak in the transmission area on the third function connection but missed the one I called about.
I like the tractor a lot in the sense that I can do a lot of things that I could not do before or things that are becoming difficult to do with age and can continue to be done with its help.
I love the grapple when cutting down trees and hauling the debris to the curb for the county to pick up. It really saves my back and allows me to work longer before I conk out in the summer heat. I added a 2 inch coupler to the front grill and on that a 3000 lb removable winch. It makes so much easier to cut down trees pulling them with the remote winch control.
I also have an acre but is full of high, low spots, ruts and tree roots. This is our dry season and I am hoping to spread some fill dirt to reduce the pooling of water in some areas before the summer rains. I have already put in a French drain over 100 feet long using a spade that attaches to the forks. The drain has made a big difference in the back of my lot. I would not have been able to do it without the tractor.
The new all-terrain tires and wheels sized for the BX2380 made a big difference in the ride and seem to be smoothing out the lawn. We will have to see how they work when the rains come.
hi
i’am new to this forum and not sure how to reply? Hope you get this.
I have turf tires that are good on grass and use chains on snow and ice. My main use is for snow removal and grass mowing in summer.

SRRGC1

Equipment
BX1870-1, BX23S TLB, RTV XG850, MX5100DT
Jan 6, 2021
Bloomsburg
Hi just thought I would post a review of my BX1880 after the first year of ownership.
I purchased a BX1880 in April 2020. Also purchased a curtis cab, a BX2830 HD snowblower, RCK 54-23 mower deck.
I have also installed L.E.D. Lights both front and rear, made a bracket to attach weights to rear of tractor, tire chains and many other acc.
I had a kubota GR series tractor for 7 yrs.....Great tractor with No problems. But, the snowblower was nothing but problems, had to replace 3 chains and a set of drive sprockets also found the blower to be a pain to install and remove. That prompted me to purchase the new tractor. I bought the BX 2830 HD 48” blower as the standard 50” blower was just like my old one which in my opinion was junk. This new blower is so much nicer, gear drive instead of chain. It is made of much thicker steel, better bracing, hyd chute rotation. My old blower was very noisy and loud when engaged, this new HD model is so quiet you hardly know it is engaged! I also like having down pressure as my old tractor did not have that. Another thing is the quick attach for the snowblower is a great improvement over the old design.
I have about 1 acre to mow in the summer. The back of my yard has a very steep hill I have to climb to clean my driveway and this tractor climbs it with no problem and have more than enough power for snow removal and mowing. Oh I should mention we get from 200” to 400” of snow in the winter!
I presume you have rear tires loaded and/or some sort of rear ballast, home made or weight box, when snow blowing. Tire ballast would additionally help make the tractor more stable on your hilly terrain. Regarding tire ballast, some reported issues with rim guard (beet juice) regarding tire valve stem core. Alternative would be windshield washer fluid although NOT as heavy as rim guard per gallon and a little more pricey. If you do not currently have rear tire ballast and considering adding, investigate some. You may consider using an upgraded valve stem that is better for the rim guard use.