Bx1870 bushhog

Bigjohn80

Equipment
Bx1870, finish mower, box blade,
Jun 4, 2017
Summerville Georgia us
I recently purchased a new to me 4ft bushhog for the bx1870. I am amazed by this tractor every time I use it. I keep thinking about trading up for a b series and then every time I put the bx to work I'm like, why do i need a bigger tractor. Anyways I thought I would show anybody wondering what 18hp will do. This field was full of hedges, honeysuckle, small pines as well as thick fescue. I also moved 2 broken peach trees and pulled the stumps. Anyways just a few pics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

countrynerd

Equipment
BX25D, L3301
Jun 6, 2016
thumb, MI, USA
Like anything u always want more or bigger once u have it. For the money and all the BX can do I think well worth money. Had skidster before but so heavy could never go in yard in spring or days after it rained. With this go anywhere almost anytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Folks get confused when talking horse power. They're use to the numbers on a gasoline engine. Most of them are false and only used as a comparison of engine size. (Kinda like roofing shingles being 15 year, 30, or 45 year. It's not about years it's a comparison of weight of shingle.)

A diesel engine is designed for work. The torque curve is what makes the difference. and gearing.

I had a B6100, rated 16HP. I told many a folk if they thought that wasn't enough I would gladly back up to their 20HP gas lawn mower and then proceed to drag them until they cried "uncle"!

The engine HP is just a clue. I have a D2 crawler, weighs about 8000#, 32 HP engine. It's ridiculous to think of it in terms of 32 HP lawn mower!!!