BX Bucket Capacity

rsr025

Equipment
BX2370-1
Sep 14, 2017
Putnam CT
I wanted to ad some capacity to my bucket without buying a completely new bulk material bucket. I was also concerned that the dimensions of a larger bucket would limit the roll back / break out force of the loader even further. So my solution was to fabricate a removable spill guard for the top edge of the existing bucket. I simply used a piece of 3/16 x 8" x 48" long plate. Made a 45 deg bend 3" from one edge. Used C clamps to position it on the bucket. Made four 7/16 holes through both the plate and the bucket at the same time using a Hypertherm 45XP plasma cutter and a circular template. I then resized the holes to clean them up using a 1/2 drill bit. My uses for this modification are to allow for a little more capacity when handling lighter material such as snow, sawdust, compost, etc.
I am able to roll the bucket forward enough so as not to interfere with the spill guard during a vertical lift using the chain hooks. But, I still like the option of being able to remove the plate. It takes just a few minutes to remove the four bolts.
Total cost for materials was about $35.00, plus two hours of labor.

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nicely done!:)
Curious if the lip on the top will allow more bucket material to stay in bucket once curled.
Other bucket extenders that I have seen add to the sides too, allowing the spillage to stay that normally eases out the sides.
Let us know how much it helps!

Kmanbota

May 26, 2017
Central, NY
Nicely done!:)

Curious if the lip on the top will allow more bucket material to stay in bucket once curled.

Other bucket extenders that I have seen add to the sides too, allowing the spillage to stay that normally eases out the sides.

Let us know how much it helps!

Looks great! I'd like to hear the field report on this as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk