Buying a BX2230

danmaj

Jul 20, 2011
NE Illinois
I'm in the process of buying a house soon and going from living in a townhome where I do no lawn maintenace to being the proud owner of 2.5 acres. All lawn with a lot of trees with mulched beds. The current home owner is offering to sell me his 04 Kubota BX2230 with attachments for 10k (see below). I know the seller enough to know that the equipment has been meticulously maintained and not abused. According to what I found on Tractorhouse.com, it seems like a good deal. What do you think? Anything I need to look for when kicking the tires on a Kubota BX2230?

Tractor: 2004 BX2230 with just over 600 hrs on the clock
FEL: model LA211
Grass Catcher: PTO three bag unit model GCK6O-BX.
Snow Blower: BX2750A
Mowing Deck: Model RCK60-22-BX
Also includes a utility/dump cart that hooks up to the tractor

Thanks for your help guys! Looking forward to becoming a Kubota owner.

Last edited:

danmaj

Jul 20, 2011
NE Illinois
I sure hope so. I just let him know that I'm going to buy it. I can't say I'm looking forward to the lawn mowing, but I'm excited when thinking about all the stuff I'll be able to do with this little tractor.

My wife is making fun of me because I'm on a Kubota forum reading everything I can and watching Kubota videos. :D

JosephC

Equipment
2008 BX2660, 2005 ZD21,2000 B2400, 1995 B7200,2005 B7800
Apr 20, 2011
North Central Pennsylvania
Welcome to the site. Sounds like a good deal to me. My wife use to make fun and laugh at me when we were first dating because I always had a Kubota hat or T-shirt on and a Kubota hood decal in the back window of my truck to show the world the support of my tractor brand . But when she saw what I made by mowing and landscaping with my Kubotas she changed her thoughts and started to help. I ran a lawn care business for 25 years plus worked a 40 hr. a week job doing maintance mechanic in factories. She now has her own tractor,loader and mower and cannot wait till mowing season, snow season or dirt moving season arrives so that she can use her tractor a 2008 BX2660 with FEL and 60'' deck. Also my younger brother has a BX2230 w/R4's , 60" deck ,FEL, 4' brushhog, and 5' backblade and has never had any problems in the 400 hrs that he has owned from new. As far as I am concerned you can never go wrong buying a Kubota, I own 5 to prove it.