Bobcat MT 100.... Does anyone have any advice for buying one?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hi all, my SIL owns a tree service and he just called me about buying a new Bobcat MT 100. (after he saw how much easier life is with my tractor...hahahahah😂)

He currently owns no machines or attachments, only a "Big Ole" wood chipper and 2 dump trailers.

I know just enough about machines in general to be dangerous, but figure y'all probably have some real world advice/opinions.

Apparently they have Kubota motors...so that's good.

After watching some videos, I have some questions.

One video said that you have the option of getting "Common Industry Interface" or "Bob-attach Interface".

Is the "CII" the same as SSQA? And is the "Bob-attach" proprietary ..... kind of like John Deere QA?

Any thoughts on this? My default would be to the "CII" vs a "proprietary one."

He is wanting to get a Root grapple, Log Grapple and forks. Any advice on these?

I see they make a stump grinder too, but does anyone have experience with one on this little machine?

Any other advice?

Things I/he need to consider?

Thanks,
Paul

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
FWIW....
if he goes with cii or ssqa ,he'll have LOTS of options for attachments, go BCi and ,well, ONLY Boc Cat Implements will fit (if $$$ is no object ?? )

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
FWIW....
if he goes with cii or ssqa ,he'll have LOTS of options for attachments, go BCi and ,well, ONLY Boc Cat Implements will fit (if $$$ is no object ?? )
Are CII (Common Industry Interface) and SSQA interchangeable?

My Google-Fu is weak today...

I haven't been able to find much on this CII.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are CII (Common Industry Interface) and SSQA interchangeable?

My Google-Fu is weak today...

I haven't been able to find much on this CII.
Download the Brochure:

The CII is a mini form factor attachment.

He want's the Bobtach which is SSQA
BobCat is who started the SSQA

And no they are not interchangeable.

1680200656560.png

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
THIS IS A KUBOTA FORUM! :ROFLMAO:

Hahahahah.........His first choice was an SCL 1000.

Unfortunately he can't find one in our area.

The local dealers have told him that there is a 12 to 18 month wait.

At least the Bobcats have a Kubota motor.

Thanks for the clarification on the attaching systems!

Paul

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Nothing new and exciting to report - I can tell you they are good for tight residential spaces but tippy in general especially when using forks. Get the biggest one you can if you are moving heavy logs.

These mini SS/CTLs seem to cost more than full sized ones, especially used ones. I though K is starting to market one.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Nothing new and exciting to report - I can tell you they are good for tight residential spaces but tippy in general especially when using forks. Get the biggest one you can if you are moving heavy logs.

These mini SS/CTLs seem to cost more than full sized ones, especially used ones. I though K is starting to market one.
Yea, he needs something to be able to get through a "standard" gate, so the narrow'ness is a big part of why he wants one, even at the cost of a certain amount of stability.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm..kind the size of a Toro Dingo ? Local tree guy has one, impressive what he can carry on the forks. Also uses it with long rope to 'direct' trees to go where HE wants them.