Battery light on

Little Hoss

Equipment
Kubota B7200
May 8, 2015
Tollhouse
Ok just checking the battery light staying on on my B7200 and checked at the battery with a digital meter and battery voltage is 12.2 volts and with an increase in throttle there is no change. Then tried running with lights on first test was no lights, and after 15 minutes with front and back lights on battery voltage had dropped to 11.8 volts. If I turn the lights off the voltage came back to 12.06 volts. Can I test at the back of the alternator to see if the alternator is working and the voltage regulator under the dash is not? Not finding too much on testing with my searches. Found out it is not an alternator but rather a dynamo. Haha

Little Hoss

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ok just checking the battery light staying on on my B7200 and checked at the battery with a digital meter and battery voltage is 12.2 volts and with an increase in throttle there is no change. Then tried running with lights on first test was no lights, and after 15 minutes with front and back lights on battery voltage had dropped to 11.8 volts. If I turn the lights off the voltage came back to 12.06 volts. Can I test at the back of the alternator to see if the alternator is working and the voltage regulator under the dash is not? Not finding too much on testing with my searches. Found out it is not an alternator but rather a dynamo. Haha

Little Hoss

yes, you can check there - but one of two things are not working - either the dynamo is NOT working or the VR is not. Test at the back of the dynamo and see what voltage you get. Some have by passed the dynamo and placed a true alternator in the loop. The good news is that you DONT need the voltage to run the tractor only to start it ! But you need to find the problem too!

Little Hoss

Equipment
Kubota B7200
May 8, 2015
Tollhouse
Thanks Thomas,

Just came back from testing at the back of the dynamo after disconnecting the wires. It is putting out 9.6 v at idle and 18.4 v at about 1500 rpm's can't see the tach while holding all the connections. So guess I need a new voltage regulator. I will have to source that.

Thanks again for your help,
Dennis