Basket case

Firetruck

Equipment
b2150
Feb 27, 2015
Bartlett, Tn,
Got my dads old b 2150 (literally in peices). Long story short, after sitting out in the weather for about 3 years and all taken apart I finally have the engine in and running. I replaced the hydraulic fluid and filter and cleaned out the strainer. The problem I'm having is the 3 pt hitch won't lift. It really could be user error or there may be a problem. I've used the tractor before (probably 17 years ago) and not sure if i'm doing everything right. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

JoJo

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
There should be a knob under the seat that controls the fluid flow. Turn it one way or the other and see if it goes back to work. It may have been left open.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
Also, there is a valve block with a knob you turn with a wrench by your foot. If that's flipped to the wrong position the hydraulics will dead head and you will have no pressure on your hydraulics including your 3PH.

Firetruck

Equipment
b2150
Feb 27, 2015
Bartlett, Tn,
There should be a knob under the seat that controls the fluid flow. Turn it one way or the other and see if it goes back to work. It may have been left open.
I have turned it some. I'm about to head over there and mess with it some more. My understanding is that as you turn it clockwise it slows down the flow so implements fall at the proper speed.

Thanks for the response

Firetruck

Equipment
b2150
Feb 27, 2015
Bartlett, Tn,
Also, there is a valve block with a knob you turn with a wrench by your foot. If that's flipped to the wrong position the hydraulics will dead head and you will have no pressure on your hydraulics including your 3PH.
Not sure about that one.f Is it by the right foot? I'll check that out too. Are the hydraulics suppose to get hot or at least really warm when the tractor is just sitting there at idle?

Thanks
JoJo

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
No, hot or warm idling sounds like you have a circuit blocked, not connected correctly, or that little knob near the floor on the right hand side is in the wrong position.

Firetruck

Equipment
b2150
Feb 27, 2015
Bartlett, Tn,
Another question or 2...

I bought a rebuilt engine from country sales and service in ohio. I just got the tractor running and it seems to not have nearly the power of the original engine. Is there a way to turn it up or may there be something else?

Also I'm having some issues starting the tractor. There's only 10.5 volts going to the solenoid wire on the starter. I turn the key and the starter clicks but don't turn the tractor over. I checked the battery and have 12.5v. If I run a jumper directly from the battery to the solenoid wire it spins like crazy. Should there be a reduced amount of voltage to the solenoid or may there be an issue? Also I sent the starter out to be rebuilt and wondered if the original solenoid coil is suppose to only take 10v and the new one is different.:confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Power issues are usually from valves being out of adjustment or clogged injectors.
There is no simple turn the screw to get more power.

Sounds like you have a bad relay, switch, or wiring that is not letting the starter solenoid get the proper kick.