backhoe--B7800-what to buy?

rlcokc

Mar 20, 2010
oklahoma
Just purchased a used 05 B7800 with L402 FEL. Has 160 hours and would like to find backhoe. Researched old posts and found alot of discussion about Woods, Bradco and Kubota. Based upon research would like to find used backhoe with subframe for my tractor. Looks like BH75 kubota and Woods 7500 would be most likely. Also saw discussion of B4672 or B4690. Have 30 acres and would not expect to use backhoe all the time but would use to dig up dead trees and odd jobs. Not equipped with MMM and have no plans of installing mower. Do not want to spend $6000 for a new one but want dependable. Undrstand 3 point may cause wear on tractor and want the subframe. I'm new to the backhoe and would appreciate any suggestions, help which could be given from places to look, model which I should consider and why, as well as what would be reasonable price. Thanks
Rod

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Hate to tell ya but you'll be lucky to find one used. And if you do they are not much cheaper then a new one. Reason being is that everybody wants then and those who have a hoe dont want to get rid of them. Like everything else in life its all based on supply and demand. Heres a link to Tractor House, I think I saw a few Woods backhoe's for sale but most were not but a $1000 under new.

http://www.tractorhouse.com/drilldo...&etid=1&guid=CC57B3C34AED4791A6EB4C259EA54964

rlcokc

Mar 20, 2010
oklahoma
Thanks for response--I have been looking and looked at tractorhouse website and they had mostly new with a few used--perhaps I'll have to bite the bullet but would like to avoid.
Any thoughts on Woods vs Kubota or certain models I should or shouldn't look at. I don't have a particular use but would use for drainage, removal of trees, roots etc.
Thoughts, suggestions?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Have you ever thought about renting a full size backhoe for a few days or a weeknd to tackle what you'd like to get done. Sounds to me like you dont have a huge neen to spend 6 grand to take care of your task's

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
I bought a used Woods BH6500 that came off of a B7800 and I'm having it put on a B8200 so the subframe will be available. :) Yeah, I'd look for a used Woods. You'll probably end up paying 3/4 of the new price, but at least you'll save that much if the subframe works with your tractor. Otherwise expect to pay closer to 90% of new.

I would stay far away from the 3 PtH backhoes. I've seen plenty for sale used and they don't look that old.