B8200 No start, cranks ok

Sam B

Equipment
B8200
Apr 21, 2013
Bigfork, Mt.
2 weeks ago, my Kubota B8200 started normal, then died after a few seconds. It cranks normal, but does not even try to start. I have power getting to all three glow plugs. After several attempts to start, with no luck, I decieded to change the fuel filter. I also changed the low pressure hoses from the filter to the low pressure pump and from there to the high pressure pump. I bled out the lines and then tried to start again. Still cranks, but does not start. I have 5 - 6 psi coming from the low pressure pump after just a few revolutions of the engine. The air filter was very dirty, so I have removed while trying to start. Even with a battery charger on boost so it cranks a little faster, it still does not try to start. In the past, even on very cold days, 10 - 15 degrees, it would start ok after a long glow. I have only had this tractor a few months, but has never given me a indication of a problem developing.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Crack the fuel lines at the injectors and check to see if there is fuel there. Is there any smoke from the exhaust while cranking the engine? Enough fuel in tank? Petcock open all the way? Check all the cheap / easy things first, post what you find and someone will know what to check next if you're still having problems.
Welcome to OTT.

Sam B

Equipment
B8200
Apr 21, 2013
Bigfork, Mt.
Crack the fuel lines at the injectors and check to see if there is fuel there. Is there any smoke from the exhaust while cranking the engine? Enough fuel in tank? Petcock open all the way? Check all the cheap / easy things first, post what you find and someone will know what to check next if you're still having problems.
Welcome to OTT.
I have cracked the fuel lines at the injectors and cranked the engine, and I see some fuel spitting out the end of the steel pipe, dosen't look like very much, but after cranking for awhile, there was a pettry good little mess on top of the cylinder head. Appeared to be some bubbles in it when coming out of the steel line, but hard to tell. There seems to be some white colored smoke coming out of the exhaust when cranking. Yea, the pet cock is open all the way, and I have good flow in and out of the fuel filter just from gravity flow from the fuel tank. Thanks for the help, any more ideas what to look for???

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I have cracked the fuel lines at the injectors and cranked the engine, and I see some fuel spitting out the end of the steel pipe, dosen't look like very much, but after cranking for awhile, there was a pettry good little mess on top of the cylinder head. Appeared to be some bubbles in it when coming out of the steel line, but hard to tell. There seems to be some white colored smoke coming out of the exhaust when cranking. Yea, the pet cock is open all the way, and I have good flow in and out of the fuel filter just from gravity flow from the fuel tank. Thanks for the help, any more ideas what to look for???
It still sounds like a fuel delivery problem to me. Especially since you changed out the fuel lines as well. I'm thinking you might still have air in the system. Make sure all your fuel line connections and fuel filter are tight. Make sure the new lines have no cracks or pin holes in them. Open the throttle wide open, crack the nut 2 - 3 turns on one injector at a time, pull up on the fuel line so that it is off its seat, crank the engine until you have solid fuel coming out with no air bubbles. Tighten the nut and repeat with the other two injectors.