B7500 HSt 3 pt hitch won't lift

Triton1

Equipment
B7500HSD
Oct 14, 2013
Hanson, KY
Hello all, I have a B7500 HST. I purchased it new and it has right at 500 hours on it. I have a 60" mid mount mower on it and today while mowing the 3 point hitch lift arms all of a sudden stopped lifting. They will not raise or lower. I checked the hyd fluid and the levels are fine and the fluid is clean. I have always kept it maintenance at the recommended times by changing the fluids and filters each time. I have never had this problem before. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix?

Triton1

Equipment
B7500HSD
Oct 14, 2013
Hanson, KY
Update: After the tractor sat for a couple of hours and cooled off, now the lift arms are working again and are raising and lowering normally. So the problem is intermittent apparently. I last changed the transmission fluid and filter and cleaned the strainer at 351 hours. I now have 506 hours on the tractor. Any ideas regarding the problem and the fix? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Dont know your model but sometimes if a hydraulic valve for something else on the tractor does not return to the neutral or middle position it will prevent other hydraulic circuits from working

Dave M7040

Triton1

Equipment
B7500HSD
Oct 14, 2013
Hanson, KY
Dont know your model but sometimes if a hydraulic valve for something else on the tractor does not return to the neutral or middle position it will prevent other hydraulic circuits from working

Dave M7040
I do have a front end loader bucket but it was not attached when I was mowing, an the valve was set on neutral. I checked that yesterday when I was having the problem. Very strange that it would only do this when hot but starts working again when it cooled off.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Your 3 point receives hydraulic pressure through the Power Beyond port of the loader valve. If something is causing your loader valve to stick it could interrupt pressure to the 3 point.

If it happens again, shut off the engine then cycle the loader valve through all the positions then start the engine again. That may release the Power Beyond valve.

Triton1

Equipment
B7500HSD
Oct 14, 2013
Hanson, KY
Thanks Mendonsy, I'll give that a try if it happens again. I did try shutting the tractor off yesterday and make sure that the loader bucket lever was in neutral, but I didn't try shifting it around.

Last edited: