b7100 hydraulic pressure

BrisMatt

Equipment
B7100
Jan 14, 2019
Brisbane
Hi, I wanted to attach a gauge to check the hydraulic pressure on my B7100 HST because the 3pt lift doesn't lift like it used to. I just wanted to double check where the gauge connects to the machine. I have marked where I think it goes in the attached picture, is this correct?? I have a photo in my service manual but its too blurry to see clearly. What is the size and thread of the gauge required? because I will need to buy one.

Also if I find the pressure is too low, do I just remove the marked cover plate to start the shimming process.

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The trick will be to get the pressure gauge connected so it is Tee'd into the banjo fitting.

The special Kubota pressure gauge shown in the B7100 WSM along with its part number (07916-50041) has been superseded with a newer model for $2,112.09 (07916-50040).

You need a way to stack another banjo fitting on top of the existing fitting and connect your pressure gauge to the second banjo. Alternatively, drilling and taping the top of the banjo bolt head may allow you to access the system.

If your tractor has a hydraulic block it may be possible to connect there but you do not want to dead head your pump by leaving the relief valve in the 3 pt control valve out of the circuit.

Wait for B7100 owners to jump in with their advice.

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nope not the banjo bolt, no easy way to tap into it.

Look the the side of the bellhousing there should be a hydraulic block there, that is when you can test it very easy.

Or in your picture the the big plug on the front of the three point cylinder.