B7100 front wheel drive shaft broken

airheadrob

Equipment
Kubota B7100
Apr 23, 2022
Auckland, New Zealand
I have recently bought a B7100. On taking a look underneath I saw that the front wheel drive shaft was not connected with the gearbox shaft having a snarly looking end to it. Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened and how to possibly fix this? I've included a couple of photos that are not that great but show the shafts.
Thanks, any help much appreciated
airheadrob, Auckland, NZ

Attachments

loggin

Equipment
MX4700
Sep 4, 2021
canada
I have recently bought a B7100. On taking a look underneath I saw that the front wheel drive shaft was not connected with the gearbox shaft having a snarly looking end to it. Can anyone shed some light on what might have happened and how to possibly fix this? I've included a couple of photos that are not that great but show the shafts.
Thanks, any help much appreciated
airheadrob, Auckland, NZ

We would need a bit more information and detail to be able to diagnose over the internet. Better pictures of the spline ends would help. A little hard to tell which picture is the front axle or transmission end.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I agree. Need more and better pictures. And more information: Is this an HST or gear transmission? New style (6 bolts holding the front wheel to the hub) or old style (4 bolts holding the front wheel to the hub)?

The spline shaft end shown in your right-hand picture looks like the mid-pto shaft on a new style HST model sold in Australia (for some reason, the stub had a through hole in AU, but a groove in the rest of the world). If so, that would make the thing on the left the front drive gear case. But it doesn't look like either the new or old style front drive gear case.

The upper shaft shown seems to be the driveshaft. However, it should have a u-joint on each end and be enclosed in a safety shield. Even in AU. It looks to me like someone has been McGuivering, and replaced the OEM driveshaft with something else. I wonder if that is even the original front axle or if someone replaced the original with one from some other model.