B3200 seems to be running rich?

TJP440

Equipment
Gr2120 and B3200
Apr 16, 2017
Omaha, Ne
I know a lot about gas engines but next to zero on Diesels :( My B3200 with about 450 hours seems to be running a bit rich. i suspect this is because the exhaust smells rich and the FEL accumulates black deposits over time.
The fuel is reasonably fresh and the air filter is clean.
Any comments?
Thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Tell us about how you use your machine. Creeping around at low rpms thinking you are being kind to your engine?
Diesels need to do hard work. Google
diesel slobber.
People experiencing your symptoms and then lend their machine to a real farmer for plowing find, when they get their tractor back, it is running much better.
Hard work, not just high rpm's, help maintain piston ring seals against the cylinder walls
Dave

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

TJP440

Equipment
Gr2120 and B3200
Apr 16, 2017
Omaha, Ne
Sorry for the delayed response only have one leg and i'm losing an a-- kicking contest :mad:
When it's running it's usually WOT and being used for field mowing, chipping wood, or blowing snow. As mentioned I know little to nothing about diesels 😟.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry for the delayed response only have one leg and i'm losing an a-- kicking contest :mad:
When it's running it's usually WOT and being used for field mowing, chipping wood, or blowing snow. As mentioned I know little to nothing about diesels 😟.
Does it smoke?
FYI diesel will smoke black when they get too much fuel.
What your explaining sounds perfectly normal for a non emissions diesel.
If you don't want soot, smoke or deposits, go get an emissions model tractor.

TJP440

Equipment
Gr2120 and B3200
Apr 16, 2017
Omaha, Ne
Does it smoke?
FYI diesel will smoke black when they get too much fuel.
What your explaining sounds perfectly normal for a non emissions diesel.
If you don't want soot, smoke or deposits, go get an emissions model tractor.
Again sorry for the delayed response. We got hit with a storm right as I was hit post and were without power until about 2 hours ago. I won't mention the downed trees etc.
To answer your question, only smokes on start up (normal). Otherwise no.
When i first bought the unit new, it had the chug chug chug starting issue the 3200's seemed to be plagued with. The dealer fixed the issue but recently it has started doing it again but not terribly.
I've read very little on the "FIX" for that issue.
Thanks for your input so far
🍻

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Again sorry for the delayed response. We got hit with a storm right as I was hit post and were without power until about 2 hours ago. I won't mention the downed trees etc.
To answer your question, only smokes on start up (normal). Otherwise no.
When i first bought the unit new, it had the chug chug chug starting issue the 3200's seemed to be plagued with. The dealer fixed the issue but recently it has started doing it again but not terribly.
I've read very little on the "FIX" for that issue.
Thanks for your input so far
🍻
What is the "FIX" for that "issue"?