B3030 saftey switch fun. Won’t even crank

Average@best

Equipment
Kubota b3030 w/cab
Sep 6, 2021
Pennsylvania
I have a b3030 that abruptly died on me last week when I put the seat forward. Hasn’t cranked over since. Pulled the pto pedal switch, bench test checked out.
Replaced both seat switches. Checked the saftey switch on the trans the best I could, no obvious issues. Now I’m at a loss. The funny thing is it will blow a fuse every time I put the seat forward and have the key on. But I still can’t even get it to crank. Please help 😵💫

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Take a close look at the wiring that goes to those seat switches, or anything close to it like where it comes through the body. Chances are you'll find something pinched, broken, or shorted.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
A good first step would be to download the free WSM on Kubotabooks.com

I add the caution that these free WSM sometimes are coming from countries other than North America and the safety systems in them can be less involved than is really on your tractor.

For example, I know your tractor has a seat switch but there is no mention of a seat switch in the WSM

WSM

The safety switch situation is totally dependent on the transmission you have as shown below.

forum B3030 safety switches.jpg

Without the WSM just finding all the safety switches is a challenge

forum B3030 pto switch.jpg

Paul7720's advice about checking for frayed wires is most valid but focus your looking on the switch locations.

Besides checking the safety switch wiring, check around the starter relay as all safety switches are in this circuit.

Forum B3030 starter relay.jpg

Unplug the starter relay and see if the fuse blowing stops.

Dave

Reactions: 1 users