B2710 hydraulic system not working after changing fluid and filters

GhostRider29

Equipment
Kubota B2710
May 11, 2023
Austin, Texas
My 2006 B2710 HST with FEl was working fine before I had to do a timely transmission fluid and filter change. Now the power steering, FEL, and 3 pts hitch aren’t working except the drive part. I left the engine running at medium speed for about 20 minutes to see if the hydraulic fluid would bleed out air and go to all system but still nothing works. Am I missing something? Not enough fluid?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Chances are the hydraulic pump lost prime. That the suction line off the hydraulic pump and put some hydraulic oil in the pump. The pump should pick it up and start working. Don't run the tractor long if it doesn't start pumping.

GhostRider29

Equipment
Kubota B2710
May 11, 2023
Austin, Texas
Chances are the hydraulic pump lost prime. That the suction line off the hydraulic pump and put some hydraulic oil in the pump. The pump should pick it up and start working. Don't run the tractor long if it doesn't start pumping.
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check on it tomorrow. I’ll try to figure out where the suction line is. I’ll let you know if the problem is solved. Again, many thanks.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check on it tomorrow. I’ll try to figure out where the suction line is. I’ll let you know if the problem is solved. Again, many thanks.
The suction pipe is what you disconnected to change the strainer. Check the seals (orings) at the transmission and hose clamps up by the pump. You probably introduced a suction leak.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GhostRider29

Equipment
Kubota B2710
May 11, 2023
Austin, Texas
The suction pipe is what you disconnected to change the strainer. Check the seals (orings) at the transmission and hose clamps up by the pump. You probably introduced a suction leak.

Dan
Thanks for the tips, I did not have the chance to work on my tractor today. For the hydraulic pump, which one? By the motor (right side) or on top of the transmission. If there’s a suction leak, should the hydraulic fluid leak out too?

Michael

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks for the tips, I did not have the chance to work on my tractor today. For the hydraulic pump, which one? By the motor (right side) or on top of the transmission. If there’s a suction leak, should the hydraulic fluid leak out too?

Michael
Another trick which has helped some is to use a shop vac on the blow setting and pressurize the transmission thru where you added oil with the engine running.
Suction air leaks usually do not involve fluid leaking out which is why they are so hard to find
Dave

Reactions: 1 user

GhostRider29

Equipment
Kubota B2710
May 11, 2023
Austin, Texas
Another trick which has helped some is to use a shop vac on the blow setting and pressurize the transmission thru where you added oil with the engine running.
Suction air leaks usually do not involve fluid leaking out which is why they are so hard to find
Dave
I tried what you suggested, nothing happened so I added 1 qt more fluid then went thru the same procedure such as blowing etc. The fluid came out of the breather tube on the top of the pump housing

GhostRider29

Equipment
Kubota B2710
May 11, 2023
Austin, Texas
I tried what you suggested, nothing happened so I added 1 qt more fluid then went thru the same procedure such as blowing etc. The fluid came out of the breather tube on the top of the pump housing
I forgot to add one more thing, I’ll check the o rings where the suction pipe go to the transmission. Will the fluid flow out?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just use some hydraulic oil to the "O" rings before you put them onto the pipe and when you insert them back into the holes they came out of. This will allow the O rings to slide into place and seal. If they are dry there is a chance that they can roll off and not make the proper seal.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I forgot to add one more thing, I’ll check the o rings where the suction pipe go to the transmission. Will the fluid flow out?
Yes it will dump all the hydraulic fluid when you remove the suction pipe.
Drain it into a clean container, and do not overfill it this time.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Could you have overfilled the trans? Next time while doing the blowing, plug the vent line outlet with your finger.
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Lets be clear.

The pump is on the right side of the engine.

The breather tube is on top of the transmission case.

The suction tube connects the pump to the hydraulic oil stored in the transmission case.

The pump pulls the oil out of transmission by applying a vacuum to the suction tube just like you drink from a cup by sucking on a straw.

Now back to previously scheduled programming

Dan