B2710 Brake Seized

RSSpano

Equipment
B2710
Dec 20, 2022
CA
My 20 year old B2710 has a seized left rear brake. I was changing the front tires and engaged the parking brake lock for safety. I actually never use the brakes as I live on a flat property. So this would have been the first time they were engaged in years. So what do I do? Tried tapping the casing with a hammer. Tried going forward and reverse in low gear. I can move the tractor in low gear with the left rear wheel dragging. Any thoughts? Rich

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
E00101.png

according to the numbers... 010 is the LH brake lever,so I'd look at the linkages to be sure it is free to move. Good news is , you can look at the RH unit and compare. should be as simple as rust/dirt/crud binding up rods or bars.......
E00501.png

Be sure the LH brake pedal rotates the shaft, pulls the rods.... the pictures show how it should work.

Last edited:

RSSpano

Equipment
B2710
Dec 20, 2022
CA
Thank you! I went into my shop and got the biggest cresent wrench I could find and slowly rocked part number 010 in the far right of the first photo above. Little by little it relaxed and retracted about a 1/2" in swing. That freed it up and I am back in business. Note to self, exercise all moving parts routinely, even if you never use them! Rich

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Thank you! I went into my shop and got the biggest cresent wrench I could find and slowly rocked part number 010 in the far right of the first photo above. Little by little it relaxed and retracted about a 1/2" in swing. That freed it up and I am back in business. Note to self, exercise all moving parts routinely, even if you never use them! Rich
Might also not hurt to spray some penetrating oil there as well occasionally.

Thinking to do that on my B2910 after reading your post.

Reactions: 1 user