B2650 Hydraulic Fluid Leak

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I have a 2016 B2650 with about 85 hours on it. I have the LA534 FEL.

The transmission housing was recently replaced (about a month ago) due to a bad casting - the tranny/hydraulic fluid was literally seeping out of the housing. Kubota fixed that under warranty.

This past weekend, I noticed another oil spot on the garage floor. Upon further investigation, I could see that the oil was coming from the loader control valve. It's tough to see exactly where it is leaking from at the valve since it is tucked so far up on the transmission. I talked to my local Kubota dealer on Monday - the service tech (the one that did the tranny work) said that to really tell where it was coming from, he would have to pull the tire and fender. They picked it up this morning to have a look.

So, I have a few questions:

1. Any suggestions as to what is causing this leak?
  2. Did the FEL control valve have to be removed for the transmission housing to be replaced? If so, I'm guessing that they could have missed something/not tightened something properly that could cause this leak?
  3. Would this work still be covered under the warranty? I sure hope so...
  4. Has anyone had a leaky LA534 control valve?

I took a photo of the leak before they took the tractor. I will try to post it later when I have my phone with me.

Thanks.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I should not matter. Dealer inflicted or another leak it's still under warranty.

Depending on dealer policy usually 90 days labor warranty. Now the pickup and delivery is not covered. A good dealer will cover the pickup and delivery if it's a tech error.

Kubota 2 years bumper to bumper and another 4 power train. As of June of 2016. Before 6-16: 2 years b to b and 3rd power train only.

Pat

macbma

Equipment
B2650HSD
Feb 13, 2017
Irwin, Pa, USA
I got the tractor back from the dealer today. They said it was the o-ring on the loader valve that wasn't seated properly causing the leak. This must have happened when they did the work on the tranny last month.

The dealer covered all costs, including pickup/drop off.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk