B2601 Snow Plow Questions

Pols

Equipment
b2601
Sep 9, 2021
ct.
I am looking to purchase a front plow for my B2601. Looking at Land pride and I am not impressed with the build quality . I am intrigued by a Tar River plow that was reviewed by Good Tractor Works. Seems to be well built and reasonably priced. Looking for other possible manufacturer options. I do have a loaded rear weight box and loaded rear tires and would like to purchase a 72" plow. Any thoughts if 60" would be more appropriate? Thanks

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
When I lived in the north, I for a while had a JD 750 with a 6’ snow plow and it pushed snow pretty good. To a point. If I tried to push a foot of wet snow, not so good. It worked, but took longer. The tractor just wasn’t heavy enough and I couldn’t put any more weight on. It probably weighed about 2500# at that point, and I had turf tires though and rear chains.
anyway, when I got a Kubota 7500, I put on a front snowblower and liked that a whole lot better.

Block Plane

Equipment
B2601
Mar 31, 2013
Vermont
I have a B2601 with the B2673 front blade. It measures 72” and is very heavy. I run loaded turf tires/no chains and rarely have a problem. I live in Vermont and have to push a lot of snow from time to time. In addition to the metal cutting blade, it came with a thick rubber cutting edge which works great on a gravel driveway that hasn’t reached frozen solid status.