B2320 oil change

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I see what you guys are talking about now..Messy, I should have dropped that cross member thingy first, would have saved lots of time. I see no way to install the drain plug without doing so.

Mike_B

Equipment
B2320 w/MMM & FEL, & a bunch of Stihl power equipment. Lincoln SA250 for repairs
Oct 27, 2012
the Dusty South
I've never taken the cross member off of mine. I just take a little extra time wiping it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
I just couldn't get my fingers in there to start the plug back. Only took couple of minutes with the impact driver to remove. I don't use the b2320 as much as I thought I would. I bought it used, and in two years I put about 15 hours on it.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Not sure what you guys are looking at but...

My '99 4Runner has a filter in a very nasty place. No matter what you do, it bleeds oil down the side of the block as soon as you crack the filter seal. Right under the filter seal is the front axle.

I throw a 2-foot piece of tin foil over the axle and shape it into a channel to direct the oil into my drip pan. After the oil drips out I pop the new filter on and carefully unwrap the tin foil. Most of the time, I get it off with a drop or two on the floor and zero on the car.

I keep one of those heavy-duty Reynolds Wrap rolls in my oil cabinet. Works as well for changing oil on small motors like my pressure washer or my compressor piston block.

Ray

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
CCR had my first thought "I throw a 2-foot piece of tin foil over the axle and shape it into a channel to direct the oil into my drip pan"

What kills me is that engineers place a plug in an unforgiving place!:eek:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I throw a 2-foot piece of tin foil over the axle
And I thought I was THE SMARTEST HUMAN BEING IN THE WORLD when I started doing that!!!:p:p

Harley Davidson oil filters are a good reason to have the Reynolds Wrap handy, too!!;) Boxboard works in a pinch.

There's a roll in my toolbox next to the filter wrenches.....my wife laughed about it..........'course, she often tells me I'm not very smart! :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
What kills me is that engineers place a plug in an unforgiving place!:eek:
What kills me is sensitive school teachers throwing rocks at engineers!:eek::rolleyes:

There are all kinds of vehicles with impossible to reach spark plugs, oil filters, oil drains, ... I suspect in most cases an existing engine was shoehorned into a new vehicle with no thought spending money on re-engineering for maintenance. A lot of engineers do there own maintenance and would design for maintenance if allowed.;) That's probably why we get posts on tractor engines with multiple oil fill caps, don't redesign just add another one.