B2320 hydrostatic question

jsramrod

Equipment
B2320
Jan 17, 2012
albany, ny
Hello,

Have a B2320 for 4 years now. Shortly after I got it, noticed that the hydrostatic drive would stick, ie, if you let off of it, the tractor kept on going and the pedal would gradually come up and the tractor would stop. Tried greasing the assembly, then asked the dealer to check it when they had it for service. I think all they did was grease it and the problem never resolved itself.

A few months ago, I had it back to them and they said there was a part available for it now, couple hundred bucks to resolve what sounded like was a known issue. I thought it kind of odd that I had to pay for what amounts to a recall, but whatever. I had them do it, which is really nothing more than a big spring as far as I can tell that pushes the pedal up. The problem is now, lifting off the pedal does get the pedal up, but the tractor continues to roll. It's my understanding that when you lift the pedal, the tractor is supposed to stop almost instantly, at least mine always has did another that I drove.

What's correct? It's almost like a clutch was disabled or something. Not very handy, especially when plowing because you don't stop unless you jam on the breaks.

Thanks for any wisdom.