B2150D 4wd - replacing transmission shaft centre joint / coupling - any advice welcome.

Matt81150

Equipment
B2150 - BX2200
Oct 9, 2021
France
Ref: B2150D 4wd manual gearbox - replacing transmission shaft centre joint / coupling - see photo - any advice welcome.

Thanks for reading this post. I have to replace the transmission shaft centre joint / coupling in the very near future and would appreciate any advice, tips and hints, documentation etc.

Although the coupling is visible (just) from underneath, there is not enough physical space to access it. It probably requires the machine to be “split” to be able to remove and replace the parts. I can’t find any documentation related to this repair and thought I would ask the question here before getting into it.

Looking at the machine it seems splitting it would be fairly straight forward. I have a good space to work in and a healthy selection of tools and experience.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attached is a diagram of the joint / coupling :

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Block the front axle to the frame to keep the front of the tractor from tipping side to side.

And yes it take 100 times as long to split it as it does to replace parts.

I usually tell people that are splitting it, to replace the clutch disk, pressure plate, throw-out bearing and pilot bushing while you have it apart.
If it's the first time it's been split it needs all those parts. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Matt81150

Equipment
B2150 - BX2200
Oct 9, 2021
France
Block the front axle to the frame to keep the front of the tractor from tipping side to side.

And yes it take 100 times as long to split it as it does to replace parts.

I usually tell people that are splitting it, to replace the clutch disk, pressure plate, throw-out bearing and pilot bushing while you have it apart.
If it's the first time it's been split it needs all those parts. ;)
Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice - some valuable info there that will definitely help when the time comes.

Reactions: 1 user