B1750 Clutch release bearing removal

James D

Equipment
Kubota B1750
May 4, 2024
USA
I am replacing some clutch parts. The tractor is split and I'm trying to remove the release bearing. I can't get it to come off the end of the release bearing holder and I can't tell if it is just stuck with rust and dirt or is there still something attaching it to the holder that I am unable to see from the front. Lots of the other parts were stuck, rusty, packed in dirt or all three. I'm afraid to use much force without knowing for sure. Any information or suggestions will be very welcome. Thanks.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See the appropriate parts list here

There are a few variations on your tractor so please lo at them all unless you’re positive about what you have.

The one I looked at didn’t show anything retaining the bearing.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The bearing is lightly pressed on the holder.
A few taps with a hammer and it should come right off.

jiggseob

Equipment
B6200 HST with Allied loader, Muratori 48" hyd side shift tiller
Nov 12, 2023
Round Hill, Alberta, Canada
You will have to press with a press or pull with a puller to get the inner race of that bearing off the holder. The clutch release bearing on my B6200 HSTD 4wd took about half of the force from my 10T shop press to get it to move off. Much less press for the new one going on. When pressing the new one on, make sure to press on the inner race, I think I used a 1-1/16 socket as a press die.

Diagram, in-stock count, and pricing courtesy of Messick's.

B1750 clutch release mech.jpg

James D

Equipment
Kubota B1750
May 4, 2024
USA
You will have to press with a press or pull with a puller to get the inner race of that bearing off the holder. The clutch release bearing on my B6200 HSTD 4wd took about half of the force from my 10T shop press to get it to move off. Much less press for the new one going on. When pressing the new one on, make sure to press on the inner race, I think I used a 1-1/16 socket as a press die.

Diagram, in-stock count, and pricing courtesy of Messick's.

View attachment 127765
Thanks jiggseob . Everything is stuck until I can't tell if parts are meant to slide off or am I breaking something? I will need to remove the bearing along with the bearing holder (part # 010) so I can press it off. Can the clutch rod (part #110) be driven out of the release fork (part # 100) through the small hole it protrudes from in the side of the bell housing or will I need to take something else off in order to access it? According to the drawing it looks pretty simple but everything is stuck so tightly that it makes me question if I'm going about it right.
Thanks for your help.