b1400 fuel in oil

rorc

Jul 29, 2009
new zealand
if i dont turn the fuel tap off over a period of 2 days the oil is full to overflowing with diesel and when i start the engine it gets blown out of the breather tube. when i turn the fuel tap off after i turn the engine off i dont get this problem but the fuel filter then empties out, any suggestions on how to fix this.

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
rorc is this a two cylinder diesel engine? If so I suspect your injectors need serviced. I'm not at all familar with your B1400 but when fuel fills the crankcase this or oring seals on the injectors are the only way diesel fuel can get in the crankcase. Also check your fuel tank to see if the diesel fuel is black with soot if so this indicated the injector cup and seat are worn beyond manufacturer specification and the combustion of the cylinder is shooting compression back into the injector and the return line to tank is the path the contaminated excess, "spent fuel" enters the tank. I may be way off base here but your post leads me to believe this is whats happening. ;)