B-21 belches black smoke when over loaded

arryla

Equipment
B-21
Dec 9, 2009
Pagosa Springs,CO, US
I have a B-21 that really belches black smoke under load. Especially this time of year when I'm moving snow. I was told by our local K dealer it's under powered. Is there anything I could do to remedy the situation? I already wear a dust mask when operating it. Thanks

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The B21 will make quite a bit of smoke if you lug it down. Be sure your air filter is clean and keep the engine within reasonable rpm for the throttle setting ( don't lug it down more than 15%). Remember, the hydrostat pedal is not a gas pedal, when you push it down further you are effectively putting the tractor into a higher gear! the proper thing to do is let up on the pedal as the tractor loads up to gear it down. If it's running clean when not under load the engine and fuel system are probably OK. Underpowered? compared to what? It certainly would be better if it had more power but that's why Kubota sells bigger tractors! We have a couple of members on here who have managed to break there drive in B21's. We'd probably break all of them if we gave the tractor more power:eek:
Ed

Last edited: