ATP-205 safe for 1999 B2100 HST?

Mike B

Equipment
G1260-RS48, B2100
Jul 7, 2013
Skagit Co. WA
Hi all,

I'm surprised I could find no references to this in the thread history... so here goes...

The rear seal on my 1999 B2100 has developed a slow leak after some vines got wrapped around the shaft and some of it worked its way into the seal. I carefully removed the material but it must have slightly scored the seal.

I'm considering using some ATP-205 Reseal to see if it stops this leak rather that the tremendous cost to replace the seal. ATP-205 gets rave reviews by many and is a plasticiser that is completely safe for rubber. Problem is... while it is great for rubber seals, it can apparently soften and degrade teflon/delrin/plastic seals, etc.

Does anyone know whether there are any non-rubble seals in the HST or hydraulics on this machine?

Would greatly appreciate any first hand knowledge on this subject - but not looking for any general rants about "doing it right" etc. sometimes the "optimal solution" just isn't practical.

Thanks much.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
You can use it in any petroleum based lubricant. It will in fact soften seals that have hardened over time. Unfortunately it will not repair a damaged seal. It is an outstanding product,however it will not repair mechanical damage. Its worth a try,but i have a feeling you will be disappointed.

I have used it in automatic transmissions,power steering systems and in one case an engine for rear main seal leak. It did slow down the leak but didnt stop it.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I wouldn't suggest using any sealing agent of any kind.
A simple cheap seal replacement could cost you thousands in a hydrostatic trans replacement.

Replacing that seal is a very simple job, and a person with limited space and skill can do it, there is not anything complicated about doing the job.
And I wouldn't call $7.34 for the seal and $6 for Anaerobic Sealant a "tremendous cost". ;)

Drain hydraulic fluid, Jack it up put it on stands, remove tire, unbolt housing, remove one E-clip, remove gears and spacers, remove seal, replace seal, reinstall parts, refill with oil and done.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I wouldn't suggest using any sealing agent of any kind.
A simple cheap seal replacement could cost you thousands in a hydrostatic trans replacement.

Replacing that seal is a very simple job, and a person with limited space and skill can do it, there is not anything complicated about doing the job.
And I wouldn't call $7.34 for the seal and $6 for Anaerobic Sealant a "tremendous cost". ;)

Drain hydraulic fluid, Jack it up put it on stands, remove tire, unbolt housing, remove one E-clip, remove gears and spacers, remove seal, replace seal, reinstall parts, refill with oil and done.

Doesent look like a difficult repair. I would consider that over the additive.