All the tool boxes posts got me itchin

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I have been looking for a good spot to mount a tool box on my bx for about a year now........well not looking very hard. Bought a little $5 plastic box at Lowes last summer and never quite found the right spot. Looking at some of these threads, and NOT wanting to go prom dress shopping with the wife and girls I decided to get it done. It seems that everywhere it was in the way. This is what I came up with. Only had to drill one hole in the pan. The brackets are left over pieces from garage door mounting hardware. Other than the box, the only costs are $2.12 in nut and bolts I couldn't find in the spare parts drawer (I used to think my father was nuts for keeping a drawer like that).

The brackets fit almost the entire depth of the box. A couple of fender washers should help hold it. It sticks out a little further than I like, but no further than the tires.
I don't anticipate putting anything more than a couple of screwdrivers drivers, plyers, tree saw, and crescent wrench. Now my cup holder is free for a cold beverage. Again. I will probably remove the handle and cauldron the holes to keep water out during a bath.

Mike
2014 Chrysler 300
1970 VW beetle
2006 Ford Freestyle
2008 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2013 Passport 2920bh GT
BX2350
and a bunch of other crap

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Looks like that will work just fine. It is definitely hard to find room for a toolbox!!

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
why is that bottom cylinder black? Has it been replaced?
It is woods loader. Ls72. Works well. I think they put it on to sell the tractor. It was faded, you could see where the steel bands were used during shipping. Had never been greased our used when I bought the tractor.

Mike