Air in injection system - L260

wakula

Equipment
Kubota L260
Aug 18, 2016
Vancouver Isl, BC
I have an L260 that was running fine until I parked it last fall. I did work on the hydraulics
and changed the fluids. When trying to start this spring the starter would not stay engaged
past the first pop. So I was removed and had the sprague clutch rebuilt. Removing the starter meant I had to pull the fuel tank. I went through the normal bleed procedure, many times, over 10 days. Air is always in the line when the nut is loosened. I have disassembled and cleaned every piece for the fuel system. No change. Now I have built a small tank (ABS pipe with a hose barb on the bottom) suspended above the engine with a piece of 3/8 fuel line to a banjo with new copper washers at the inlet of the injection pump. I can bleed the injection lines until no bubbles. Crank the engine, no fire. Pore a little diesel in the intake, make it run for a few seconds, repeat two or three times. Open the nuts on the injection lines more bubbles. I have repeated this procedure at least 15 or 20 times, still the same. Is there some way the injection pump can aspirate air in the pump body?