Aftermarket thermostat?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Re: Can we use a aftermarket thermostat on B7510?

If the thermostat fits and the temperature range is correct I see nothing wrong with an after market thermostat. Just keep an eye on temperature. If it sticks shut your engine will overheat. If it sticks open you may never know it.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Re: Can we use a aftermarket thermostat on B7510?

If the thermostat fits and the temperature range is correct I see nothing wrong with an after market thermostat. Just keep an eye on temperature. If it sticks shut your engine will overheat. If it sticks open you may never know it.
Miller - -

Thankfully, Roadworthy answered this first.

Frankly, I was getting sick of your complaining about maintenance expenses....:eek:

How much did you pay for this tractor..you want to keep it running for the foreseeable future?!?!?:confused:

That said, if it's the correct temp, I think a thermostat is a thermostat, too....

You're asking all the right questions, and I mean that seriously. I was poking a little fun at you, since you're asking them all at one time! :p

Good for you! :)

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My words of caution regarding engine thermostats. Sometimes they can not just be replaced with one which will fit under the housing. Often they are controlling more than one water flow path. Ignore the design and risk serious damage.

Please read attached pages.

Dave

Attachments