Ads in the way

Floridatim

Equipment
185dt loader bucket rotovator drag box
Sep 18, 2013
Marysville, ca.
I am new to this forum. A click on the kubota manuals and all I get are toyota ads. How do I get around them?
Meanwhile how do I check the tranny and front differential unit? And what type of engine oil do I use ? Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A click on the kubota manuals???? Where?

how do I check the tranny and front differential unit? And what type of engine oil do I use ? You're going to have to give us a little more info...Like what tractor, model, hst or geared or other.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
See this post for where you can check the level of the transmission fluid. It has a picture that shows the location which is near the clutch pedal on the side of the transmission - above the front of the foot board on the clutch side. It has a raised boss with probably a hex bolt and a gasket washer between the head of the bolt and transmission.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9299&highlight=plug

There is a filter behind the floor board and near the bottom of the transmission. You may be able to see it in the second picture of the same post (painted red). It is a screen behind the cover but you will need to drain the transmission before removing the filter. There is an o-ring sealing that cover so you will probably want to replace that if your need to remove the cover.