access to 12 volt for attachment

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
I do not have an electrical schematic for my L3400 xtra power 2009 and am wanting to add an outlet to connect to a 3 point sprayer. Other than probing wiring to find 12 volts does anyone have other ideas?

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I did this:
relay - fuse block.JPG

That's a 6 position fuse block and the arrow points to a 40 amp rated RELAY here

The 12volt coil of the relay is wired to the work light plug located under the left fender in my L3800. The circuit is energized whenever the key is 'on'. The only current drawn from that work light circuit is to power the relay coil.

I ran a 12/2 wire pair from the battery (fused at 20amp at the battery) to the relay. The + side is switched by the relay contacts to power the fuse block.

From the fuse block you can then run up to 6 circuits in the rear of the tractor. I have several in use now - forward and rearward switched led work lights, a connector for my snow blower chute rotation and another for the chute deflector. I converted them from manual to electric control.

Reactions: 2 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
That's a very sound way to do it, electrically speaking. Not going to get yourself in trouble. (y)

Blue Sea Systems makes marine grade components like fuse blocks, etc. Excellent quality. You can find them online.