3rd Function Valve wiring 3240

R.Ducky

Oct 3, 2011
Athens, TX
I have a Grand L 3240 HST3 with a Kubota 3rd function valve. The off/on switch broke and needs to be replaced. There are 4 terminals on the back. The wires are Red / Black / Yellow with red line / Yellow. The red, black and yellow are in line on the old switch with the yellow/red stripe on the side.

I went to the local hardware store and all they had was a two-position toggle switch with three terminals. I figured that would work but can't figure out how to wire it. I was getting 12 VDC from the red and black on the voltmeter but somehow while trying different combinations I am not even getting that any longer. Checked all the fuses under the dash but they are good.

And advice would be appreciated
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb96.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb6b.jpg

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What was the action and look of the original switch?
Was it lighted?
Was it a momentary push button or a toggle?
If it was a button did it lock down when pressed or just spring back up?
Most likely replacement switch you got will not work, but if you answer the questions I'll try and point you in the right direction, but it might be a case of buy the original!

Looking at what your showing and what it's running it's most likely a lighted push button with a locking push.
Push once it locks down, push again and it locks up.

And If you don't have power you've blown a fuse.

FYI: That switch runs 2 relays and they run the solenoids on the third function valve.

More pictures will help too!

R.Ducky

Oct 3, 2011
Athens, TX
What was the action and look of the original switch?
Was it lighted?
Was it a momentary push button or a toggle?
If it was a button did it lock down when pressed or just spring back up?
Most likely replacement switch you got will not work, but if you answer the questions I'll try and point you in the right direction, but it might be a case of buy the original!

Looking at what your showing and what it's running it's most likely a lighted push button with a locking push.
Push once it locks down, push again and it locks up.

And If you don't have power you've blown a fuse.

FYI: That switch runs 2 relays and they run the solenoids on the third function valve.

More pictures will help too!
It was a lighted push button. Push once it locks down and lights up. You can then use the two buttons (totally separate from this button) on top of the loader stick to open and close grapple, ext.. Then if you push it again it pops up, light goes off and grapple buttons do not operate. The problem was the button quit popping up. lol

The button in the link posted looks exactly like I have.