3 Point Hitch Rusted

ScottyBahama

Equipment
L2800 D
Feb 1, 2021
Bahamas
Hey guys.

I am working on my L2800 in the Bahamas. I'm trying to put on new implements like a box blade, carry all, etc. Come to find out my lower links are completely rusted to a previous 3 pt attachment. I cannot get the pin detached from link ball. I put liquid wrench spray in it for a week. Been hammering on it, Still rusted together. Not sure if I need to replace the two lower link arms? And not sure how it attaches to tractor. Looks like a bolt head there but it's rusted too. Omg. This salt air nasty. Any advice???

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Since it is so rusty, you might apply heat to it to make it release. Also, ensure the lower arm adjustment pins have been removed so the arms can swing. Also, pick up the implement using the three point hitch and lower just until the stress comes off the pins and the try to tap the arms Off the pins.

Reactions: 1 users

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
If you can put a wedge or large chisel between the arm and the implement and tap on the wedge with a hammer.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I’d unbolt the attachment pins from the attachment, then remove the 2 rear arms with the attachment pins in them. I would use wood to support the rear arms and try to hit the attachment pins to drive them out of the link ball.

if that did not work, heat the link ball and try to either press the pins out or hammer them out.

Final option to cut pins with grinder either side of link ball, heat and press out what remains of pin, or drill out pin as much as possible.

Good luck with your stuck pins.

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I don't mean to be that guy, but also make sure that the stabilizers are loose enough for the arms to move, also.
I assume there's no problem there, but it had to be said.

And heat. Can't stick if it's a liquid. But seriously, heat those link balls near red hot and give it a whack. Just remember to grease them back up when you're done.