2WD-B7100 Turf Tires

Sideofabarn

Equipment
B7100
Jul 29, 2015
parkton, MD
I have a 2WD B7100 and I want to add some weight to the new rear turf tires I'm putting on it. I've used a weight box in the past but I have limited space in my garage so I don't have room for the 3 point and weight box.

I'm trying to add rear weight to offset my snow plow up front.

How much weight should I look at adding to the rear tires? I just want to offset the plow weight enough to make the stearing a little easier.

Thanks for the knowledge.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a 2WD B7100 and I want to add some weight to the new rear turf tires I'm putting on it. I've used a weight box in the past but I have limited space in my garage so I don't have room for the 3 point and weight box.

I'm trying to add rear weight to offset my snow plow up front.

How much weight should I look at adding to the rear tires? I just want to offset the plow weight enough to make the stearing a little easier.

Thanks for the knowledge.
Each tire will hold about 13 gallons - so if you place even windshield washer fluid on them, you will add almost 100 lbs per tire, 200 total.

If you use beat juice - the weight will go up a good bit more. It is not hard to do either, and has huge benefits for stability and keeping the tires hooked up!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Adding weight to the tires will add stability... it will NOT offset your snow plow up front. Only weight behind the tire will do that... the farther away it is, the better offset. ;)
The last part is very true - but that which is behind the pivot point (front wheels) WILL add counter weight to the front end - once weight is adding to the front. As the front tries to pick up the rear, the actual weight of the fluid in effect is pushing back down the load in the rear. The further back the weight is the better the mechanical advantage, but weight is weight. I have had my front end down in a low spot, the rears got up a bit, but the fluid in each allowed it not to tip forward - had I not had loaded tires, I would have been nose diving.

True - the weight is NOT carried by the machine with loaded tires, thus a huge benefit of loaded tires, but the weight is still a counter balance if/when the front gets heavy. Sitting still there is no huge advantage, once the rear tries to rise is when the benefit kicks in.;)

JeffL

Equipment
B7200E, B4200DT
Jan 8, 2016
North Central Ar.
Everything said in the above posts are correct. But, in order to unload the front wheels to improve steering the pivot is the rear axle. Only weight behind rear axle will do this. 200# two feet behind the rear axle will unload the front axle 80# on a five foot wheel base tractor. It will also add 280# to the rear tires, weight had to go somewhere! Think of it as a lever. Jeff